Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Nadal:"Tennis is about victories. Who remembers the defeats [Soderling,Coria,Ferrer]"

Tell that to MTF.:angel:

"Tennis is a sport about victories. Who remembers the defeats? In fact, we speak about my success in Paris, 8 times out of 9, but not about the time I lost to Robin Soderling. We speak about the fact that I won Monte Carlo 8 times out of 10, not about the first time I played here in 2003, and I lost to Coria, or the last 2 years, when i lost to Djokovic and Ferrer. We speak about my 7 wins out of 10 in Rome, not about the time I lost to Ferrero. When I lose I'm not happy, but I'm not desperate. [hopefully, to be translated]
Just as I do not esaltavo to the stars when I was winning so much. I try to consider wins and losses with detachment. I am so pleased and happy with everything that happened, if I lose, I do not stop to be happy with my life. "Well! Being a champion so great and so proud there is no doubt that not tell the whole truth. Or maybe After 10 years of success, even the great Nadal is really pulling the oars: "Ten years is a long time for all, I remember well the first title here, and everything else, it is the weight of time to create me problems, but things that have happened in recent years. So many things, good and bad. One thing I have to say it, even if it makes me look conceited: my results on the ground were exceptional. I, too, if you go back do not think I could repeat myself. Let us also remember the 81 hits in a row that I've had on red. "Welcome home, Prince of Monaco."

PAST -

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Re: Nadal:"Tennis is about victories. Who remembers the defeats [Soderling,Coria,Ferr

Someone has a bad memory then...I remember very well Coria´s loss to Gaudio. 11 years and still pressed...

On the other hand, I also remember Soderling´s vicotry against Rafael.

·
Premium Member
21,478 Posts
Re: Nadal:"Tennis is about victories. Who remembers the defeats [Soderling,Coria,Ferr

It's just a point of view, do we speak how Soderling won or how Rafa lost? In a tennis match there's always two sides to talk about.

·
Registered
721 Posts

I remember Gullermo Coria "El Mago"and not Gaudio.
I remember Novotna crying after the biggest choke in tennis - Wimbledon! The picture is still in my head. But I don't remember Peter Korda or Thomas Johansson.

I remember the talent of Marcelo Rios, I remember Andy Roddick loss at Wimbledon 2009 and not Federer's fency suit!

There are champions who won't be remembered and losers who will. It is just a matter of personality or certain circumstances. I watch tennis because I enjoy the game. I will remember Fabrice Santoro, Arneud Clement, Llodra and many, many other magnificent players. Monfils will be rememberd for his hot game. To me, as a fan - it is not about the wins, it is about the players, personalities and the game itself.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

It's just a point of view, do we speak how Soderling won or how Rafa lost? In a tennis match there's always two sides to talk about.
Well yes, from teh POV of NAdal , its abt the victories. Same as how Soderling savors it as his own rare victory !!

Just goes on to show that Nadal is a positive outlook.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

He just listed some defeats. Thought he couldn't remember them?

Of course Nadal wants to forget getting owned 3 times in a row to nobodies at Wimbledon. It's ok though, he's not bothered. He's so cool with it he takes 7 month breaks and gives 1000 excuses. He's cool with it though, no?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

:lol: Poor soul. Maybe the general public won't remember but tennis fans certainly will.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

One thing is for sure, whoever defeats Rafa at RG will be a hero here and will never be forgotten for his heroic deeds :yeah:.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts

I remember Novotna crying after the biggest choke in tennis - Wimbledon! The picture is still in my head. But I don't remember Peter Korda or Thomas Johansson.

I remember the talent of Marcelo Rios, I remember Andy Roddick loss at Wimbledon 2009 and not Federer's fency suit!

There are champions who won't be remembered and losers who will. It is just a matter of personality or certain circumstances. I watch tennis because I enjoy the game. I will remember Fabrice Santoro, Arneud Clement, Llodra and many, many other magnificent players. Monfils will be rememberd for his hot game. To me, as a fan - it is not about the wins, it is about the players, personalities and the game itself.
:worship:

·
King Of Tennis
3,265 Posts

Defeats for one player are victories for the other. Nadal makes no sense, as usual.

·
Registered
474 Posts

The general public will remember Nadal for his victorious and the general public will remember Söderling as the man who beat Nadal at the French Open.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts

Well, Nadal is not the sharpest crayon in the box, that's for sure...

·
Registered
7,805 Posts

Who could forget the defeat in RG? that's only happened once. Who on the other hand will remember all the disappointing slam finals during Nadals reign of terror?

Even Rosols 5th set vs Nadal in Wimbledon is more memorable than 10 of his own matches. Seeing the moonballing Nabull doing the same thing over and over will only blend it together in one big mess, but those "defeats" stand out, like light in darkness.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

That was beautiful. Now I feel like a beautiful human being and I want to dance in a fresh meadow covered with purple and orange flowers.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts

Who could forget the defeat in RG? that's only happened once. Who on the other hand will remember all the disappointing slam finals during Nadals reign of terror?

Even Rosols 5th set vs Nadal in Wimbledon is more memorable than 10 of his own matches. Seeing the moonballing Nabull doing the same thing over and over will only blend it together in one big mess, but those "defeats" stand out, like light in darkness.
Like it or not, Nadal is the winner of 14 slams. True, most are on clay, but two are on grass and three on hard courts. I don't know who your favorite player is, but if it is not Federer, you have no business trashing Nadal's record, especially considering the Nadal-Federer H-H

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts

The thing is a defeat for Nadal is a victory for someone one else. So someone will always remember it.

Reactions: Apophis

·
Registered
12,668 Posts

Actually, a lot of people remember '09 RG :lol:.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

Dull again showing off his incredible IQ.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Nadal loses to a qualifier - whole MTF erupts ..

Fraud loses to anyone - business as usual .. Dulltards dont say much let alone go on thread opening streaks.

Thats just collective insecurity of a fanbase on display - not necessarily a memorable match where Rosol defeats a champ by out of this world play!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts