Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s not far away. So as fans of nadal, we just need to enjoy his last year or 2. Tbh at 34 I thought he’d be way retired but he’s still trying to win things. He won’t ever win the end of year championship as his time for that past years ago, even though he could of won yesterday.

For me I can’t see him playing after next season as he’s losing some mental edge, one of his biggest assets. He looks older now in his play. But it’s been a pleasure watching him all these years.

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
I could see him retiring at 21 or 22 slams in the next 1-2 years if Rogie has already retired and Nole isn’t within 1-2 slams of him

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darth, I’d be surprised if he gets 21 slams tbh. I think that will be a huge challenge mentally. He’s losing that edge for me that has made him so great. Prime Nadal sees that match out yesterday and the pressure only gets more now.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lol no, he has no reason to retire as long as he dominates RG as much. He can lose everything else all year and collect a slam at FO every year and it's all good for him (even though I would not consider this worthy of a GOAT but that's another debate).

Plus, his game on HC is not so bad. He can still win titles.

·
Registered
665 Posts
he only just lost to thiem and i thought for large parts of the match he was the better player. he's not done yet but it definitely is getting harder. there are more players who can beat him and most importantly, they know it

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
He will retire the moment he loses in the first week of RG for the second consecutive time as WC i.e. past his 40th birthday.

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Roger and RAFA will retire together, in a bond and spirit that solidifies their friendship and rivalry, and No1e will retire soon thereafter to be full time with his family. Nothing lasts forever.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Before he retires, he'll have 2-3 seasons where he just plays one tournament in the entire season - RG. Then we'll know he's really thinking about retiring.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts