Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael Nadal has insisted he is fully fit and ready for the new season, speaking ahead of the year's opening Grand Slam, the Australian Open. The Spaniard is going into 2012 looking bounce back to form and put a disappointing 2011 behind him.

While the 24-year old claimed another French Open title, he failed to add to that major and had to watch as Novak Djokovic stormed his way to the world number one spot, not to mention three of the four Grand Slam titles. Injury once again played a part in Nadal's season, especially towards the end of the last season, however, the Spaniard has claimed he is fully fit and ready to go, ahead of his trip to Melbourne Park. Anyone following the Australian Open betting should remember this.

"I'm here in Australia with big motivation, with big passion. I have tried to enjoy the past few weeks, which I did, and I am happy," he said.

"I am practicing well and enjoying everything "I am just happy to be here to start another season in good condition."

"I am healthy, that's the first thing and the most important thing."

While the 10-time Grand Slam winner has insisted he is going into the new season fully fit, he has also recently revealed he plans on taking a month off following the Australian Open. People looking to bet on Andy Murray should bear this in mind.

Nadal has made it clear that his upcoming rest period is in order to give him a better chance of going through the rest of the year injury free.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts