5. Berdych - 2915
6. Ferrer - 2340
7. Gulbis - 2220
8. Nishikori - 2135
9. Murray - 2055
10. Dimitrov - 1815
11. Raonic - 1485
12. Fognini - 1410

I think Djokovic, Stan and Fed are locks at this stage. Tough to see Berdych, Ferrer and Murray missing out - usually if you get around 3000-3500 points you make it. Think Gulbis/Nishikori/Dimitrov/Raonic are fighting for that final spot.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i agree pretty much with the op. I think the first 7 spots are basically locked up at this point and that 8th spot will be a race between gulbis, nishikori, dimitrov and raonic.

cilic, tsonga and monfils are also capable of getting in there and making it a 7 guy race if they can find form in this latter part of the season. tsonga and cilic could both gain major ground during the grass season and maybe even overtake one or 2 of those guys after wimbledon. raonic is vulnerable on grass and might not do much on that surface..he never has.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Djokovic, Wawrinka, Federer and Berdych will obviously be there. Be stunned if Murray doesn't get in after his performance at RG. Ferrer should be there, and I reckon Gulbis will edge Raonic.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
First 5 players are already in anyway, the cut at the end of the year is always around 3500 points.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Far too many points are given out at the diddy events.

Murray being outside the top 8 is ridiculous.
No they're not, Murray has just played like shit. Don't forget.. Murray has lost to Fed, Djokovic, Nadal, Raonic, Dimitrov and Cilic this year - all guys who are in the race for the WTF... He hasn't beaten a single in form player all year, only mugs and clowns like Monfils/Tsonga

Murray should be ecstatic he got 700 RG points courtesy of a luck draw, which may prove decisive at the end of the year

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
No they're not, Murray has just played like shit. Don't forget.. Murray has lost to Fed, Djokovic, Nadal, Raonic, Dimitrov and Cilic this year - all guys who are in the race for the WTF... He hasn't beaten a single in form player all year, only mugs and clowns like Monfils/Tsonga

Murray should be ecstatic he got 700 RG points courtesy of a luck draw, which may prove decisive at the end of the year
He has been coming back from injury and still made a slam quarter and semi.

Should Gulbis be allowed to keep the 500 points he won in Nice biscuits and Marseille? I assume these are tennis events.

Gulbis also lost in the second round of the Australian Open to Sam Querrey in straights. Thoughts?

·
23,064 Posts
Wawrinka still 3rd :banana:
:banana: I hope he could go deep at Wimbledon even though he is a "Grass mug" (like Murray was as a "Clay mug"). I think he could get many points on the Hard season.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
He has been coming back from injury and still made a slam quarter and semi.

Should Gulbis be allowed to keep the 500 points he won in Nice biscuits and Marseille? I assume these are tennis events.

Gulbis also lost in the second round of the Australian Open to Sam Querrey in straights. Thoughts?
Yes he should. In Marseille he beat 2 top-10 (at the time) players in a row - Gasquet and Tsonga. And Nice was played just before FO - Gulbis managing to win that tournament and then get to SF of FO (and not crash out early like it usually happens with guys that go deep in tournament in a week before the slam) deserves all the credit (points) he gets.

Top-30 players Gulbis has beaten this season : Dimitrov, Del Potro, Gasquet, Tsonga, Dimitrov, Janowicz, Dologopolov, Cilic, Federer, Berdych

Top-30 players Murray has beaten this season : Lopez, Simon, Tsonga, Almagro, Kohlschreiber, Verdasco, Monfils

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I hope Nadal get his fourth YE #1 this year as well.
If rafa goes deep into wimby ( better if he wins it) and nole doesnt even make the final, then he haseverything on his favor to end up as YE#1.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Wawrinka can be considered a lock as well. A Slam champion that's ranked inside the top20 will make the WTF even if they're not in the top8 in the race/rankings at the time.

I hope Gulbis, Dimitrov and Raonic will make it (or at least some of them). Murray, Federer and Djokovic are probably going to make it. Berdych and Ferrer as well... though I'd like them not to make it this year, to change things up. Realistically we're looking at one of the 8 spots being in doubt with the rest of the field NID... which is boring :p

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nishikori and gulbis would be amazing :hearts:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Went with Raonic because I think the Clay season has given him the confidence that he can make the quarter finals or deeper in Slams whilst his rivals are more likely to crash out early (we'll see how Gulbis does though).

This is in complete contrast to predictions I have made in other such threads so I've got it all covered :cool:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts