Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a surprise.

Bonjour à tous. Je ne participerai pas au tournoi de Paris Bercy la semaine prochaine. Cette décision a été difficile à prendre mais elle a été nécessaire afin de me permettre de préparer au mieux la fin de cette saison ainsi que celle de 2012. J’espère pouvoir être de retour en 2012 pour ce grand événement dans la plus belle ville du monde, en espérant le gagner un jour.
http://www.facebook.com/Nadal/posts/10150366036906026

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Translation?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Smart move, going to focusing on London and Davis Cup.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
"Hi all. I will not participate not Paris Bercy tournament next week. This decision was difficult to take but it was necessary to enable me to prepare at best the end of this season and that of 2012. I hope to be back in 2012 for this great event in the most beautiful city of the world, hoping to win a day."

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Though the translation from the Spanish sounds better: "Hello everyone. I must inform you that I'll not play that next Paris Bercy tournament this week. It has been a difficult decision, but I understand that it is what I have to do to be well and deal with not only the end of the season but also the next. I hope to return to that very important tournament in 2012 in the most beautiful city in the world and try to win eventually."

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Translation?
Just your basics, just that he will pull out, not an easy decision but necessary for preparing for the rest of the season and the next, and that he will come back and hopes to win the event some day.

On topic, is Nadal finally learning to manage his schedule better :scratch: :eek:? It's probably a smart move, considering that he has 2 more important events coming.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Well he skipped it last year too so no surprise really.He isn`t a big fan of indoor tourneys anyways so playing the WTF and Davis Cup this year should be enough for him

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think he needed this break, because in December not only does he play the Davis Cup final but also an exhibition with Ferrer in Mexico. :smash:
The off season will be very short.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Smart lad. But disappointing for the tournament.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Damn. I wanted him to be tired;) Seriously this is a smart move.

Reactions: Mimi
1 - 20 of 123 Posts