Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You need a coach that learn you how to serve.

The Tio Toni era has ended, he is holding you back.

You are young still and you need to revitalize your career.

·
Registered
350 Posts
He needs to dump Tio Toni because he's preventing him from growing up, being free...
Doing that, maybe he'll crash and burn and disappear from the tennis world or he'll challenge again.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I don't think Toni is the problem

I am not even sure anything mental is Nadal's issue. like, for example, in the first set today Nadal was getting insanely outplayed yet managed to make it kind of close.

the real issue is that Rafa has been grinding his body down for a decade+ on tour and he's physically declining, unable to last as long, run as fast, hit as hard. people were predicting that he'd decline or be out of the game by 25 and he managed to last a lot longer than that

I expect Nadal to still get some big wins but its not a shocker that he is playing worse at this point in his career, and I certainly don't blame Toni

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Totally agree, he needs to kick off Tio Toni...otherwise he will be son ranked 250 in the world.
He has every single point to gain after Wimby. He will be back to top 5-8 soon. :lol:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Actually i think it's Toni to thank that Nadal has those 14 slams. He relly maximized Nadal's talent. With any other coach, his slam count would be something like 7-10.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I've been saying it for years, he needs to bring in Arantxa Sanchez Vicario.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Actually i think it's Toni to thank that Nadal has those 14 slams. He relly maximized Nadal's talent. With any other coach, his slam count would be something like 7-10.
this, Nadal should be glad he got to 14 GS

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the reasons Nadal got 14 is Tio. Please fuck off, fake Nadal fan.
You're not even Spanish,what the fuck are you saying.

Nadal for spanish people is a HERO.The best sportman in the history of Spain.

It hurts so much to see Nadal like this year, he has to change things or he is done.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I don't think Toni is the problem

I am not even sure anything mental is Nadal's issue. like, for example, in the first set today Nadal was getting insanely outplayed yet managed to make it kind of close.

the real issue is that Rafa has been grinding his body down for a decade+ on tour and he's physically declining, unable to last as long, run as fast, hit as hard. people were predicting that he'd decline or be out of the game by 25 and he managed to last a lot longer than that

I expect Nadal to still get some big wins but its not a shocker that he is playing worse at this point in his career, and I certainly don't blame Toni
Exactly what I've been saying. Father time is undefeated, it happens.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Uncle Toni is the creator of Rafa Nadal. So, no, he should not be dumped. However, Rafa should consider adding a coach to infuse new ideas, make amends to his game, and extend his tennis career, considering that he is getting older and past his prime years of tennis.

He should find a way to win points quickly and with a few initial rallies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts