Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baggy really should've won that match, he had it in the bag at a set and a break up and looked in total control.

Horrible display from Rafa, back to his old negative ways. He wore Baghdatis out rather than came back due to any good play, very disappointing.

The game when Nadal served for the match was pretty much the first game where they both played well, Baggy looked like he'd done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson at the end :lol:

Still unbeaten in Paris :sport:

·
Your visions will happen
53,666 Posts
Fun match to watch :yeah:

Although Fit Dave will bend him over and do him rough if he plays like tomorrow like he did today

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Very, very strange match indeed. Wasn't able to see the first 8 games (still searching for a livestream) - Baggy playing well, Rafa being In Absentia -

but when Raf upped his level and won that second set, the outcome was as one says, "never in doubt". ;)

CONGRATS Rafa on reaching the Paris final! :hatoff:

Baggy... :sad: :hug: :sad: but well done that he didn't stop fighting in the third set.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Some people are designed to make others look good. Baggy is one of those clowns.

Still, an entertaining, if not a little frustrating match to watch.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Bad ass performance by both! Nadal you're footwork should be illegal! Period. :worship:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I really appreciate Baghdatis effort in court, well done even if outcome isn't positive :worship:

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Thank you Nadal. The very few times I actually want you to win, and you almost screwed it up! You can lose tomorrow though, we don't need another TMS shield going to the likes of Federer/Nadal/Djokovic. Would be cool if Gasquet wins it all though; already qualified for Shanghai and this will boost his confidence ;).

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Baggy really should've won that match, he had it in the bag at a set and a break up and looked in total control.

Horrible display from Rafa, back to his old negative ways. He wore Baghdatis out rather than came back due to any good play, very disappointing.

The game when Nadal served for the match was pretty much the first game where they both played well, Baggy looked like he'd done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson at the end :lol:

Actually to me the match illustrated Nadal's strengths and weaknesses.

In terms of speed and balance, and mental toughness Nadal is exceptional. As a ball striker Nadal is very good but there are many better than him. Overall solid defense and speed are his strengths which he uses to his advantage.

Baghdatis was brilliant from 3-0 to 6-4 2-0, but could not continue playing at that level either through lack of mental or physical stamina.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
For a moment I thought Baghdatis can win it. But it was really for a moment, nothing more ;)Good ol' Baggy came back plus the surface is slow like hell. Now, I wonder if Nadal can outgun Dave

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Jesus fuck.

I thought Rafa was going to run away with it after the first few games, but instead he went walkabout for a set and a half. :retard:

Beatdown in the final tomorrow, methinks, regardless of opponent.

Can't wait.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Entertaining match overall with a lot of unpredictable moments and some great shots.
It was Baghs's match to lose and sadly he did just that. His cross-court backhand was doing wonders for him until he lost focus halfway through the second set, and from then on it was no where to be seen. Nadal didn't look too fresh, but as always, his fighting spirit and perseverance turned things around for him.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts

He has just played 3 sets against a brick wall; needing to hit 2 or 3 normal winners to hit through.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Nadal is pure heart :worship: . Bravo Spartan :clap2:

As for Marcos , well played man . 14th is a good ranking to finish this year

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Didn't see the match, but it looks like it took Raf a while to get going today.

Good to see him in a Masters final again. Fit Dave's gonna pillage him, but it was fun while it lasted. :lol:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts