Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'd expect Rafa to play. Novak's poor form this week should give him the confidence he can snatch back year end #1, and that's enough of a motivation to play.

Also, Rafa's never been fresher for this event than he would be this year, since he's not played in 2 months.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
He should play. Who cares about year end #1? He needs to win this tournament at least once in his beautiful career.

And I want to see at least one Federer-Nadal match this year :smile2:

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
Don't matter, always there is a first time.

I see you are afraid of Nadal, It looks like Djokovic is not so unbeatable :haha:
Afraid of a player who is 2-13 against No1e away from clay since 2011 and hasn't won a match in 5 years away from clay? And hasn't won WTF ever?

Ya, ok :yeah:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Djokovic never won Cincinnati before this year, so what's exactly the point in saying Rafa didn't win WTF before? I would still be cautious with regards to Rafa showing up in London, perhaps he tried to salvage the WTF by pulling out of Paris and being absolutely sure he's fit for London. But we still don't know. I just hope Rafa won't make the same mistake as last year with that unfortunate single match he played in London.
Snatching back the no.1 seems unlikely so no point in risking the start of the next season for only one tournament. Australia is more important for Rafa's career than WTF.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I think he watched the Paris final and decided it is time to be fit.
He might get lucky to beat Thiem or Cilic, but will lose to everyone else.
Hopefully he and Fed fall in the same group.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It's too early to withdraw now, he can't know how he will feel in a weeks time. Why is the draw so early?

I think he will play, but I hope he doesn't bother.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Djokovic never won Cincinnati before this year, so what's exactly the point in saying Rafa didn't win WTF before? I would still be cautious with regards to Rafa showing up in London, perhaps he tried to salvage the WTF by pulling out of Paris and being absolutely sure he's fit for London. But we still don't know. I just hope Rafa won't make the same mistake as last year with that unfortunate single match he played in London.
Snatching back the no.1 seems unlikely so no point in risking the start of the next season for only one tournament. Australia is more important for Rafa's career than WTF.
theres a big difference

rafa is arriving to london after he didnt play for a few weeks unlike nole after cinci
rafa was finalist in london twice and it was 6 years ago unlike nole he was a finalist many times and only fed has stopped him
its indoor, rafahas zero weapons on indoors, even at his peak they blasted him off court

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
He should definitely play, YE#1 is still up for grabs as Novak leads the race by only 565 points and Delpo is out

Novak needs to go 3-0 in RR and win his SF match to secure YE#1, still a long way to go

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Meh, no match practice, let's shut down the shop for this season. Let's also cut the comedy shows in Saudi Arabia and Mubadala.

Start with Brisbane afresh and as a preparatory step for Australian Open.
This is what I would like to see happen.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts