Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few years ago people would have laughed at the thought of Nadal even reaching double figures in majors. On Sunday he will be playing for an 11th major. If the Djoker had not arrived last year Nadal would most likely be sitting on 12 majors. How will fans and pundits alike react when Nadal finally catches and surpasses Roger? For me it would be a disaster to have a man with Nadal's game as the man with the most majors. He is a great fighter yes but the anti-tennis style is not appealing. Most of the true GOATS often played beautiful tennis which Nadal does not.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
It's not happening, Djoker's ownage of Nadal is currently even more complete than Nadal's of Federer. It's entering Fed-Roddick territory.

·
Registered
889 Posts
He'll win AO, FO andUSO this year. I'll give Wimbledon and a retirement Slam for Fed. Nadal to win Calender Slam next year. Djoker to drop out of top 5 by next year as well.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
he is not winning it anyway.
:shrug:

PS: Murray, dont troll Djokovic tomorrow :armed:

·
Registered
889 Posts
It's not happening, Djoker's ownage of Nadal is currently even more complete than Nadal's of Federer. It's entering Fed-Roddick territory.
Fed won his first GS against Roddick and continued to beat him. Nadal beat Djoker at the USO. Or maybe you forget that.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Djokovic will stop him again on Sunday.
Murray has the game to beat Djokovic. It is not guaranteed that Nadal will play Djokovic on Sunday. If it is Murray then Nadal will be saying hello slam number 11. Hurts to say that as a Murray supporter but hey the truth hurts.

·
Banned
300 Posts
A few years ago people would have laughed at the thought of Nadal even reaching double figures in majors. On Sunday he will be playing for an 11th major. If the Djoker had not arrived last year Nadal would most likely be sitting on 12 majors. How will fans and pundits alike react when Nadal finally catches and surpasses Roger? For me it would be a disaster to have a man with Nadal's game as the man with the most majors. He is a great fighter yes but the anti-tennis style is not appealing. Most of thet rue GOATS often played beautiful tennis which Nadal does not.
I agree, Rafa will pass Fed's 16 slams. Especially now that Raonic and Tomic are proving to be weaker on clay than any other surface. Rafa will own the next generation. I think he can also beat them at Wimbledon (he will lose some too, but he will win some more Wimbledons). And look at what Rafa is doing on hardcourts, he's become a dominator at the hardcourt slams.

I've been laughing at people for years. I laugh harder and harder each year. Rafa is about to tie Sampras/Federer for 8 straight years of winning at least one slam per year (and will very likely overtake them with 9 straight years next year). And people said he wouldn't last long because of injuries :lol:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I cannot decide whether you are jinxing or just living in a dream world.
or a reaistic one. Ok the Fed thing is a dream, i want fed to retire after winning wimbledon, he deserves it. But nadal went to 3 major finals last year and lost 2 of them due to choking. When he wins AO on sunday he will have that mental strength to dominate again. Just like 2010.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
haha, a nice positive attitude never hurt anyone, so I'll hop on board!

·
Registered
934 Posts
or a reaistic one. Ok the Fed thing is a dream, i want fed to retire after winning wimbledon, he deserves it. But nadal went to 3 major finals last year and lost 2 of them due to choking. When he wins AO on sunday he will have that mental strength to dominate again. Just like 2010.

:haha: :haha:

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Wake up. He has no chance against a well moving Djokovic.
And what chokes are you speaking about?

·
Registered
17,761 Posts
He'll win AO, FO andUSO this year. I'll give Wimbledon and a retirement Slam for Fed. Nadal to win Calender Slam next year. Djoker to drop out of top 5 by next year as well.
I agree, Rafa will pass Fed's 16 slams. Especially now that Raonic and Tomic are proving to be weaker on clay than any other surface. Rafa will own the next generation. I think he can also beat them at Wimbledon (he will lose some too, but he will win some more Wimbledons). And look at what Rafa is doing on hardcourts, he's become a dominator at the hardcourt slams.

I've been laughing at people for years. I laugh harder and harder each year. Rafa is about to tie Sampras/Federer for 8 straight years of winning at least one slam per year (and will very likely overtake them with 9 straight years next year). And people said he wouldn't last long because of injuries :lol:
Which one is BULLZ1LLA :scratch: Maybe both?

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

That is the worrying thing, the kids are not alright. The youngsters are so crap it brings tears to my eyes. Worrying times for tennis. Dimitrov will probably turn out to be just another Gasquet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dream on, Djoker will thrash him again. And if necessary again and again and again and....until he retires.

1 - 20 of 434 Posts