Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always see Nadal as a threat on grass.

Although Nadal got more breaks of serve in the match today, I do agree Federer deserved to win as he played the big pts better. Nadal is getting closer and closer to Federer at wimbledon whereas Federer is not getting any closer to nadal at the French Open. This is maybe because federer is 5 years older and Nadal is yet to reach his peak.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Disagree on the title. On grass it it 2-0 for Roger, while Fed was able to win against him in Hamburg. And don't give me any bullshit about faster clay in Rothenbaum, 'cause the grass has been slowed down too

·
Your visions will happen
47,253 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Their both even but Federer is a better hard-court player right now. Nadal in the future can become the better player.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I disagree. Nadal is a bad match up for Federer and it is at it's worse on clay. Just because Federer could only push Nadal to four sets at RG while Nadal could push him to five at Wimbledon it doesn't mean one is better than the other on a surface.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i agree when it comes to judging federer vs nadal (rafa is a bigger scare to roger during the wimby than roger to rafa at RG)

if you re speaking federer vs the rest of the world and rafa vs rest of the world it's not true. i dont see anyone beatin roger on clay while some players can beat rafa on grass.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
What the heck are you talking about

This is not grass as it used to be. The ball was bouncing to the sky and sitting up nicely. He could play similar as he does on clay with all the forehand hook and stuff.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yes, in terms of just those 2.

No, in terms of them against the rest of the field.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
It's the match up. Nadal is the only one who can give Federer problems but this Wimbledon has shown that other players can still give Nadal problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts