Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal on Brown: "I have to keep my serve and see what's going on with the return"

"He gives you no rhythm. He can do everything"

source, ESPN right now

Nadal seemed nervous about this match but you get the sense that if he can get by Brown he may go into the 2nd week and beyond

He said he is more prepared for Wimbledon than ever before, obviously, and he looks good here. Hair was ok.

Gonna be a tough match vs. Brown so we'll see

·
|
14,975 Posts
Re: Nadal on Brown: "I have to keep my serve and see what's going on with the return"

Even though Halle is a lot different to Wimbledon, Rafa is probably treating this like last year's revenge match with Rosol.
Dustin Brown has got Rafa's attention.....And that's not good news for Dustin Brown.
Rafa didn't try to hit aces vs Bellucci today, but expect him to go for the wide angles and hit about 20 aces vs Brown.
I think Rafa was intending to play plenty of rallies vs Bellucci to adjust to the surface, so didn't go for aces because of that.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Re: Nadal on Brown: "I have to keep my serve and see what's going on with the return"

He said he is more prepared for Wimbledon than ever before, obviously, and he looks good here. Hair was ok.

Haha... If you mean apart from that giant caterpillar track running down the centre of his skull,then yeah... it was ok ;)

... He's right though.Brown gives you zero rhythm,constant drop shot volleys and winds up big on the serve.If Nadal serves badly he's going to be in a whole heap of trouble.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

I would laugh so hard when Brown takes Rafa out again... I am having an orgasm just thinking about it. lol. Whether Brown can win in 3 or 4, we will see. But he is a huge favorite for me...

·
|
14,975 Posts

If Brown is so great then why has he only won FOUR matches (including today's win) in his entire career at the slams? :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

If Brown is so great then why has he only won THREE matches in his entire career at the slams? :lol:
It does not matter. He just has to win this one. He is one a 1 match winning streak

·
Registered
4,400 Posts

Lu would have had a better chance IMO. Brown will feel the pressure of backing up his win in Halle.

He must be careful of Fognini in the 4th round.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Lu would have had a better chance IMO. Brown will feel the pressure of backing up his win in Halle.

He must be careful of Fognini in the 4th round.
better chance of doing what? He has no weapon to hurt Rafa

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

I know Brown beat Nadal in Halle last year but really

It says alot about where Nadal is nowadays that him, and his fanaticals, are bricking it from playing Dustin Brown :lol:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts

Alot of people here are delusional.

You have to take that match last year in diferent context, if your smart enough. That match was a few days after winning his 9TH RG.
Brown was fresh and ready Rafa wasnt.

This time around its a whole diferent story. Plus its a BO5.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts

All I want is this match to be played away from Court 11.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

Even though Halle is a lot different to Wimbledon, Rafa is probably treating this like last year's revenge match with Rosol.
Dustin Brown has got Rafa's attention.....And that's not good news for Dustin Brown.
Rafa didn't try to hit aces vs Bellucci today, but expect him to go for the wide angles and hit about 20 aces vs Brown.
I think Rafa was intending to play plenty of rallies vs Bellucci to adjust to the surface, so didn't go for aces because of that.
Well said. The thing about Rafa is he LEARNS from losses. There are few he hasn't avenged. Everyone always goes on about Soderling 2009 when he fluked a win against a distracted injured Nadal then loses in the final against Feds at RG. What makes me laugh, is haters ESPECIALLY STEER CLEAR OF TALKING ABOUT 2010. Oh what happened in 2010 I can hear everyone asking lol. Soderling beat Federer to then get beaten good in the final by Rafa.

Nadal will avenge his loss to Brown. The only two players who can stop Nadal at Wimbledon are Murray IF he plays a lot better. And Djokovic. BROWN is dog food. Federer is getting beaten for the 24th time by Nadal if he survives Berdych. Simple as that...

·
Banned
4,868 Posts

bo5 match on central court probably? Central court seems slower than the rest.

Brown's chances imo are around 10%

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

"See what's going on with the return"

This thread could have only been created by one man.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

I would laugh so hard when Brown takes Rafa out again... I am having an orgasm just thinking about it. lol. Whether Brown can win in 3 or 4, we will see. But he is a huge favorite for me...
Like I said your mouth is big, your courage small. If you are SO SURE Bob Marleys son is gonna run riot on GODAL. YOU WOULD BE LAYING THOUSANDS ON BROWN. But you're not because deep down despite your hate for Nadal you JUST CANNOT BE SURE...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

Like I said your mouth is big, your courage small. If you are SO SURE Bob Marleys son is gonna run riot on GODAL. YOU WOULD BE LAYING THOUSANDS ON BROWN. But you're not because deep down despite your hate for Nadal you JUST CANNOT BE SURE...
Please. Please. Please stop uppercasing words you think are important. It doesn't work.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

So what are you exactly saying here? That Brown would have a better chance if he was white? I am just trying to figure out what Bob Marley had to do with tennis

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

So what are you exactly saying here? That Brown would have a better chance if he was white? I am just trying to figure out what Bob Marley had to do with tennis
Bob Marley helped train BJORN BORG. How come you don't know this?

Nothing to do with colour the awesome superb greatest player of ALLTIME in the women's game. One Serena Williams was black the last time I checked.

You are trying to divert from the fact that while you believe Brown will easily beat Nadal. You can't even risk a grand on it. No dice son. When someone runs their mouth about a certainty in sport. But then can't even lay a grand on it. I say you're full of the brown smelly stuff. When Nadal changes gear and disposes of Brown, what excuses have you got lined up???

·
Registered
4,400 Posts

Why do you keep calling him Bob Marley? Because he has dreadlocks, like millions of other people?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

Well I guess one thing is certain - we gonna see...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts