Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
He's making Ivan Lendl look like the Czech version of Speedy Gonzalez. Simply unacceptable, Rafa.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
He's been doing that for years, why don't the umpires enforce the rules?? Same with on-court coaching - if they are not going to enforce the rules, then just change them.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
And he's serving like crap, so it isn't even helping him.

Bring back the ass picking and sock adjustment, Rafa. It's quicker.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Continuing the Speedy Gonzalez theme--Rafa should now be known as Slow Poke Nadalez.;)

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
I think it's maximum 44 seconds and 31 for Nieminen, not average (not that that is acceptable of course)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
If I were his opponent I would pull out a nail file and start nailing my files and combing my hair and have a picnic maybe or go have a drink at my chair to show how much damn time he takes.
Files deserve to get nailed good and hard.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Don't hate the player, hate the game. If they're not going to say anything to him, what's his incentive to stop?

I think it seemed longer in this match because it was just so damn boring. I timed him a few times myself, and it wasn't actually that long most of the time. I find it hard to believe that was the average.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
He usually does it in tense situations and close matches, so I was surprised how long he was taking between points in the third set when the match was over. He really slows down when his serve games go to deuce. If there are a couple of deuces, it's always quite a long game.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Nadal/Djokovic should get points taken off,dont worry about the warnings its like a wrist slap for them!Putting opponents off is unacceptable and unsportsmanlike!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts