Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Yep, Nishikori is surely a lock to win this match now0:)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,625 Posts
Kei really had no legs, hard to keep up with Nadal to begin with and shoulder probably got worn a bit, had trainer come out. Really having to put in everything to get a pt. He played a few good ones here and there, when he had the room to move forward but stringing them is another matter.

Nadal when hitting with depth and angle is hard to deal with. I feel he'll have no trouble in the SF.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Sad thing is, Nishikori is competitive in games, but wins barely any. Sad thing for Nishikori fans that is, which (thank you God) I am not.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
never count out a samurai

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Nadal lucky with the rain delay again.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I'll be surprised if Nishikori wins more than 3 games in a set. The outcome here is as NID as it comes.
Called it. Nishikori shouldn't even bother resuming the match after the rain delay. He should retire during the rain delay to save everyone's time. What a pathetic performance it has been from him.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Rafa looked livid that they suspended the match.
I mean good odds they only needed to play 2 more games and it hadn't started raining yet. I think suspending the Nadal/Nish match seems kind of silly considering that. They may have been able to beat the weather there. Regardless of if a 'storm' is on the way. If they see lightning go inside. That simple. Lots of recreational businesses and public events handle it that way, i.e. not leaving until either rain or lightning.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
NID as expected, they shouldn't bother getting back to the court at all.

BTW, whoever banned Trollalot just in time to miss both SF and F in RG did a great service to tennis, humanity and Universe. :armed:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts