Nadal's nickname should be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, time to settle this once and for all.

Hewitt = The potato. Roddick = Duck. Safin = OAF.

But we refuse to agree on a nickname for Nadal, so let's see if we can now.

Piggy? - cos apparently his high cheekbones and slightly upturned nose give hima piggish appearance.

Mowgli? - cos he kinda looks like Mowgli from the jungle book.

Weasel -used by some, but taken by Coria.

El Nino - complimentary, to do with his speed and power likening him to a 'storm'.

Sitting Bull -native american appearance.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Most players nicknames have nothing to do with their play, like you said

Hewitt - Potato
Roddick - Duck
Roger - Rabbit
Safin -Oaf

We need a poll for this, but my vote still goes to Piggy. I love it

·
F***ing have it
17,569 Posts
DaButt :eek:

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
You're not giving us much of a choice, The Pro.

The Weasel is already taken as a nickname, like you said so what's it doing in this poll?
Sitting Bull? Wouldn't Raging or Spanish Bull be more suitable?

Either El Nino or Mowgli. :)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Everyone knows my vote :p

The Pro said:
Right, time to settle this once and for all.

Hewitt = The potato. Roddick = Duck. Safin = OAF.

But we refuse to agree on a nickname for Nadal, so let's see if we can now.

Piggy? - cos apparently his high cheekbones and slightly upturned nose give hima piggish appearance.
And the way he tramples and scampers around the court is reminiscent of a pig running and rooting in the mud, plus his high pitched squeals and grunts.

Mowgli? - cos he kinda looks like Mowgli from the jungle book.
Too cute and too childish. Next.

Weasel -used by some, but taken by Coria.
Coria has first dibs on that plus I do not see any resemblance to a weasel neither in appearance nor in character.

El Nino - complimentary, to do with his speed and power likening him to a 'storm'.
Meh. See quoted post below by Hingie.

Sitting Bull -native american appearance.
Again, lukewarm neither here not there.

In conclusion I would like to insert a quote here from the other thread which nails the issue right on the head as to why I think "Piggy" is the perfect choice:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2172113&postcount=30
Hingie said:
You're right, he does look like a pig. I've been thinking that since the French, and now finally someone else sees it. I like the nickname. A nickname shouldn't be too flattering. Mowgli is way too cute and flattering of a nickname for a tennis player. Like the "Duck" and "Potato," Piggy can be both cute and unflattering, so it pleases both haters and fans. It's really the best nickname for Rafael. I don't know why his fans are complaining about it. Does Federer have a nickname yet? He needs to get one that sticks. Something that can be both endearing and mean spirited, because that is what this board is.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Nadal´s resemblance of a pig can only be justified from either an eye´ patology or from a sick disliking at him. Choose what u want ;)

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Piggy

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Deivid23 said:
Nadal´s resemblance of a pig can only be justified from either an eye´ patology or from a sick disliking at him. Choose what u want ;)
Probably a combination of both.
"And the way he tramples and scampers around the court is reminiscent of a pig running and rooting in the mud, plus his high pitched squeals and grunts."

OK, it's probably due to my lack of humour (I'll save you the time of writing this in reply) but there's nothing even remotely cute or funny about this and this is 100% nasty. :(

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Piggy.

Spanish Bull and The Raging Bull are disgusting. Mowgli is too childish, and how boring is El Nino? Weasel has nothing to do with him and is taken by Coria - respect! Sitting Bull? Didn't like it.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Castafiore said:
Probably a combination of both.
"And the way he tramples and scampers around the court is reminiscent of a pig running and rooting in the mud, plus his high pitched squeals and grunts."

OK, it's probably due to my lack of humour (I'll save you the time of writing this in reply) but there's nothing even remotely cute or funny about this and this is 100% nasty. :(
And do you think Rabbit, Oaf, Duck and Potato have nothing nasty about it? I've also seen people call Federer as Snake, Safin as Hippo and Hewitt as Pig (he actually does like it just as much as Nadal, take a look at his profile pic at ATPTennis.com :lol: ).

1 - 20 of 81 Posts