Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I hope dull wins AO and RG. If dull wins AO, then croctards will be in complete and utter ruins.

The alliance fully supports dull.
You know what makes me 100% sure Djokovic is the "goatest" of the three?

- tennis expert or ex goats like Sampras saying it

- hater spending so much energy downplaying a tennis player who they'll never even meet and they dont even know. Going as low as a Fedfan can go, rooting for Nadal. No reason for go this low except one: desparation since King is Goat.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I love Nadal and think he's a legend and always will be. He was never the GOAT tho.
Yes, he is. His records will stand forever and what he accomplished will remain unbeaten. People will bring him up in the discussion about who has been the gratest/strongest ever, for the next 50 years, and he'll have a case. Still, Novak is more suited to be considered the greatest/strongest ever, at the moment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, he is. His records will stand forever and what he accomplished will remain unbeaten. People will bring him up in the discussion about who has been the gratest/strongest ever, for the next 50 years, and he'll have a case. Still, Novak is more suited to be considered the greatest/strongest ever, at the moment.
Well, yes, I agree. Nadal is a GOAT for sure. He dominated his rivals and completely owned the tour for many years. Djokovic is right up there with him. My bias will push me to vote as Djokovic slightly ahead of Nadal.
Roger of course is right there with them. All goats for different reasons.

I just disagree with this post that Nadal will become the GOAT again in 2022. I think he wins RG but that's it. He might not even win RG though. Nadal's toughest hurdle will be coming back from this injury again. The field is catching up fast. The 3 goats are getting older and older.

·
Premium Member
62,445 Posts
"Back to"?
Back to probably indicates that he thinks Nadal will pass Djokovic, only then to be reovertaken, and then overtakes again. Difficult to see it happening any other way.

Not saying I think it's likely myself, more like virtually impossible but I guess we'll see how next year goes. I expect Djokovic not only to stay clear but to increase the gap.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Nadal best chance is RG i doubt he has a shot anywhere else, Djokovic, Med, Zverev and even Sisipas will be too much on HC, He could beat win WImbledon if Novak loses unexpectedly

·
Registered
394 Posts
A new season most of the time never repeats the previous season. Which means we will have a new No. 1 and either 4 different major champions or someone else as the multiple GS champion.
And Nadal winning one is actually more certain than Djokovic winning one next season. You can call me names but thats my opinion how I see the probability. It is not easy to regroup and focus after all the records he has got this year and titles he has won. He will suffer under mental fatigue and lose sharpness which Nadal regained during his break.
It is actually the opposite of your reasoning. The best predictor of the near future is what has happened in the recent past. Djokovic has won 50% of the slams that he finished since 2018 and 75% in 2021. Nadal won 2 slams in 2019 and one in 2018, 2020, and none last year and is coming off an injury.

Obviously, Djokovic may not even pay the AO, although I will be surprised if he doesn't, so that could alter things. Don't underestimate the danger of Zverev and Medvedev in the slams to Nadal especially at AO and USO.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Obviously, Djokovic may not even pay the AO, although I will be surprised if he doesn't, so that could alter things. Don't underestimate the danger of Zverev and Medvedev in the slams to Nadal especially at AO and USO.
KIAdal will be more dangerous to Medvedev & Zverev, though, because as long as he is a HC slam contender he will be guaranteed a happier draw, both at the happy slam down under or at the loud slam up above.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Nadal can very easily win Roland Garros. I don't see him winning the other slams, though. Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev, Djokovic, and maybe one or two more should beat him at the AO. At Wimbledon, he can lose to anyone and USO is too far away (and he can lose to the same players that at the AO).

21 - 40 of 67 Posts