Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All he needs to do is to win RG 2022 which seems very likely, and Djokovic to remain slamless which is not impossible considering his aging and youngsters getting better.

Djokovic is the current GOAT, but I would say we should dial down recency bias and we should count on the proven warrior to get back to fighting for the throne. This epic Big 2 battle is not over yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
All he needs to do is to win RG 2022 which seems very likely, and Djokovic to remain slamless which is not impossible considering his aging and youngsters getting better.

Djokovic is the current GOAT, but I would say we should dial down recency bias and we should count on the proven warrior to get back to fighting for the throne. This epic Big 2 battle is not over yet.
A new season most of the time never repeats the previous season. Which means we will have a new No. 1 and either 4 different major champions or someone else as the multiple GS champion.
And Nadal winning one is actually more certain than Djokovic winning one next season. You can call me names but thats my opinion how I see the probability. It is not easy to regroup and focus after all the records he has got this year and titles he has won. He will suffer under mental fatigue and lose sharpness which Nadal regained during his break.

·
Your visions will happen
54,656 Posts
Well yes if Nadal wins RG and either AO or Wimbledon and Nole wins nothing, but that is unlikely. In that case Nadal would have 22-20 in slams and either 2 of each or 3 on 3 different surfaces which would be even better and then the arguments can start to be made

But I'm not looking past Davis Cup

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
None of the big3 will ever be GOAT, but Nadal will win more slams than Djokovic, that I can tell you.
Aaaaaaand there's another post from our buddy that Swisstennisgod will get a boner from and immediately bookmark for future reference.

Me too,this one might be used in my signature in the not too distant future.

Saved!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
To get back to it he would've needed to have held the title in the first place. Sadly, he just finished his first slamless year in a while. Can he continue his slamless streak into 2022? We'll find out soon!

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Well yes if Nadal wins RG and either AO or Wimbledon and Nole wins nothing, but that is unlikely. In that case Nadal would have 22-20 in slams and either 2 of each or 3 on 3 different surfaces which would be even better and then the arguments can start to be made

But I'm not looking past Davis Cup
i.e. Nadal's two more slams (over the record 20) would be worth more than No1e's 120+ weeks @ no.1 + 1-2 y.e. no.1 + 5 YEC + 1-3 slam finals + NoleSlam + DCGM + better resume at HC/GC/Indoors big titles etc. assuming they would be leveled at the Masters, H2H, DCGS.

In that case Rosewall with his 23 majors would still be the goat or at least a co-goat, and Laver & Federer have never surpassed Rosewall in terms of greatness.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
If he does not run into Djokovic, he most likely will win RG, no doubt about it. If he has to face the wolfman, he is toast.

One thing we can be 100 % certain. Once Monte Carlo arrives, Nadal will be fresh as a daisy, playing any random clay tournament there is. It will be absolutely hilarious.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Aaaaaaand there's another post from our buddy that Swisstennisgod will get a boner from and immediately bookmark for future reference.

Me too,this one might be used in my signature in the not too distant future.

Saved!!
@NADALalot never stops to deliver. I hope he makes an avatar about it

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
To get back to it he would've needed to have held the title in the first place. Sadly, he just finished his first slamless year in a while. Can he continue his slamless streak into 2022? We'll find out soon!
Go back to support kyrgios, that is the best your nation can do.. oh wait..and coronavirus management..

·
Registered
17,735 Posts
I hope dull wins AO and RG. If dull wins AO, then croctards will be in complete and utter ruins.

The alliance fully supports dull.

Reactions: Andrej

·
Your visions will happen
54,656 Posts
i.e. Nadal's two more slams (over the record 20) would be worth more than No1e's 120+ weeks @ no.1 + 1-2 y.e. no.1 + 5 YEC + 1-3 slam finals + NoleSlam + DCGM + better resume at HC/GC/Indoors big titles etc. assuming they would be leveled at the Masters, H2H, DCGS.

In that case Rosewall with his 23 majors would still be the goat or at least a co-goat, and Laver & Federer have never surpassed Rosewall in terms of greatness.
Well thats is the question. 2 more slams or 2 plus years at #1? I say the latter

1 - 20 of 67 Posts