Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He told this just a few seconds ago at the press conference. Is he right? I'd doubt that he has to win all the matches he lost to these guys. Especially against Stan in Rome or Raonic in Indian Wells

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
He should say thank you Raonic broke himself in the 1st set and played like a mug for one set and half.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Well he's mostly right. Match points on Raonic who he'd never lost to, 4 set points on Wawa and Fognini... well, that pretty much speaks for itself. He's lost quite a few matches this year because he's played the big moments terribly or choked a lead, something he rarely if ever used to do.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
He should have beaten Raonic in IW and he should have won the 1. set against Wawrinka in Rome.

And he should never lose to Fognini on clay anyway.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
uh? he is right. IMO.. He was probably talking about the way of losing them..Rafa has been getting outclutched by mental cases left and right the past year or so..

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Humble guy being humble ... lol. He should normally win against the king of clay Stan who beat Nole who crushed Rafa. Yeah... mkay .... get better soon Rafa. Your time will come Rafa and I will dance naked in the streets when you retire in embarrassment

·
23,541 Posts
We need the whole story of course, but it seems as Nadal has been losing lately he seems to be more, open about his thoughts about the game, rather than his usual "I'm not the favorite, no?" kind of spiels. That being said I like it, especially for a very intense on-court player like him, it just feels weird to have him go to his shell of court, which frankly makes him look disingenuous when he looks lowly on himself (just my opinion of course).

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
What he is saying is just common sense.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
He's right but this year Chokedal was in court, not real GOATdal. all loses was chokes by Nadal, he would won this mugs (included Stan) in straight sets. But now, Grassdal is back.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Yeah expected. Na-dull showing his true colours after two fluke wins on grass. Fognini and Stan defeated him in straight sets, he wasn't even close of winning those. Hopefully Monfils saves Tennis and humanity tomorrow, butcher winning two straight matches on grass not good for Tennis at all.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts