Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal:"Let's forget the best Nadal. He may return, or he may not. Now, I am who I am"

Rafa Nadal is being rational regarding the hard times that he is currently going through in the world of tennis: "Let's forget the best Nadal. I'm the player you see before you today and want to enjoy my day-to-day life. The best Nadal may return, or he may not."

Regarding the last Grand Slam of the season, the Spaniard, while speaking on Cadena COPE Radio, said, "I'm a candidate to win the US Open, but not the favourite".

Copa Davis: "We are in the situation that we deserve for various reasons: some of them are down to us, others due to the lack of professionalism of those in charge. For one thing or another, we haven't given it our all."
Nadal's past performances: "Let's forget the best Nadal. I'm the player you see before you today and want to enjoy my day-to-day life. The best Nadal may return, or he may not. Now, I am who I am."

The worst defeat of the season: "There have been several; it has been a complicated year. The one at Wimbledon was particularly tough to accept as I had prepared well for it. I have lost games that, if I had lost just half of them, it would all have been very different. It has been one blow after another."

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/03/en/more_sports/1438614096.html

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Re: Nadal:"Let's forget the best Nadal. He may return, or he may not. Now, I am who I

He knows that maybe his best is behind him. He is still a great player, but has to adjust.

Something Fedtarts need to do. They still expect Federer to win a slam... Right Slade?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Re: Nadal:"Let's forget the best Nadal. He may return, or he may not. Now, I am who I

Sensible, objective, and realistic in his self-analysis. It's a good statement for Rafa to make so the crazy fans can keep their expectations under check.

If he has a 2-slam year from hereon, that would be an incredible achievement. After what I have seen of Rafa this year, as a fan, I will take 1 slam a year (RG, being the key) career from hereon. But hey, you can never count him off.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
The most intelligent, classy and humble tennis player in history. That's why he has more likes on facebook than any other player. A true inspiration.

Reactions: TheRealNumberOne

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

One slam a year? Maybe one more slam period.

Edit: @Jolyon

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

fair enough. can't really argue with what he said.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts

Rafa Nadal is being rational regarding the hard times that he is currently going through in the world of tennis: "Let's forget the best Nadal. I'm the player you see before you today and want to enjoy my day-to-day life. The best Nadal may return, or he may not."

Regarding the last Grand Slam of the season, the Spaniard, while speaking on Cadena COPE Radio, said, "I'm a candidate to win the US Open, but not the favourite".

Copa Davis: "We are in the situation that we deserve for various reasons: some of them are down to us, others due to the lack of professionalism of those in charge. For one thing or another, we haven't given it our all."
Nadal's past performances: "Let's forget the best Nadal. I'm the player you see before you today and want to enjoy my day-to-day life. The best Nadal may return, or he may not. Now, I am who I am."

The worst defeat of the season: "There have been several; it has been a complicated year. The one at Wimbledon was particularly tough to accept as I had prepared well for it. I have lost games that, if I had lost just half of them, it would all have been very different. It has been one blow after another."

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/03/en/more_sports/1438614096.html
No shit Sherlock.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts

I think he should just speak about himself in the third person in general.

Nadal: "Nadal did not play his best tennis today. Nadal is very happy to win here. For sure Nadal gonna try his best against Sela."

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts

Lol he's practically shitting his pants.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

He's either quoting lyrics from a well-known gay anthem, or he's associating himself with the God of the Book of Exodus. In either case, it's an intriguing insight.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

His usual woe is me act

Everything is a disaster in Nadal planet when he's not winning all the time

He should learn to lose and be a bit more humbled.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts

I think he should just speak about himself in the third person in general.

Nadal: "Nadal did not play his best tennis today. Nadal is very happy to win here. For sure Nadal gonna try his best against Sela."
This...has to happen.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts

His usual woe is me act

Humbalito cannot get more humbled, no? That is no possible...

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,553 Posts

His usual woe is me act

Nadal is just saying he doesn't expect to get back to his peak. He says maybe, maybe not. And yeah the year's been tough for him, no question. Federer would likely feel the same regarding 2013

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

The most intelligent, classy and humble tennis player in history. That's why he has more likes on facebook than any other player. A true inspiration.
:spit: :spit: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

It's hard not to like this guy. He doesn't brag, he doesn't boast, he doesn't slam his competitors in the press, he is open and honest, and he seems to stay humble. Too bad some of his fans have none of his qualities. The only questionable quality that he has is that he doesn't accept defeat well but many of the others don't either.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

i thought the best nadal has returned in Hamburg...

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

He did. He's just being humble. Your player better avoid him in the summer hardcourt season. He already pulled out of Montreal, a wise decision. :wavey:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,553 Posts

Only delusional people would think that - good to win it (naturally for his fans, a step the right way) but Nadal himself knows he was far from his best. But maybe that's the best he can do right now? :shrug:

·
Registered
29,204 Posts

Above average IQ they said

Reactions: Method Man
1 - 20 of 68 Posts