Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Rafa should get married, make some twins and realize how difficult family life is. He will automatically rediscover his passion for tennis ala Fed. :lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Rafa, possibly trying his hardest to fly under the radar again :D

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
No, he's not trying to fly under the radar. It's been quite obvious that the Nadal we're used to seeing, with fire, passion and energy, has not been there for a while. Once you lose that, it's hard to get it back, so more and more it looks difficult to see Nadal being able to dominate as previous.

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
The mark of a true champion, giving up when it gets tough :eek:

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Nah it's the Björn Borg syndrome. Just like him Rafito has his breakthrough at a very young age. Since then it's just been tennis, tennis and tennis and lots of success. Eventually every win isn't as fun anymore. Already rich and already peaked. More temptations of court. Hard to find motivation.

I could see him retiring early too. Not saying that he will but I could definitely see him doing a Borg

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I've lost a little respect for Nadal with this quote, thinking about it. These guys, like Djokovic and Murray, have shown they aren't scared of him anymore, and his response is basically to hold his head down and whine and effectively let them take the fun away from the game for him. Shows a lot of immaturity, and it shows me he doesn't really have the will or determination seen from other players.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Getting your Spanish juevos handed to you and watching Gluten get in your face like that in Madrid must have really broken you Rafa.Get in line and go gluten-free as well :tape:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've lost a little respect for Nadal with this quote, thinking about it. These guys, like Djokovic and Murray, have shown they aren't scared of him anymore, and his response is basically to hold his head down and whine and effectively let them take the fun away from the game for him. Shows a lot of immaturity, and it shows me he doesn't really have the will or determination seen from other players.
relax, he also said this

"I am going to practise and I am going to do everything in my hands to be perfect for the beginning of 2012.

"This end of the year wasn't easy for me. That's hard to accept. But at the same time that's given me a little bit more of a goal for the beginning of 2012.

"My desire is there. My motivation I hope is the same. I will do it. If it's not enough, it's not going to be enough. But I will be satisfied with myself."

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
murray not afraid for nadal anymore? Because of that MM win in Tokyo? Murray still shits his pants when he sees Rafa in a slam.

Ofcourse other players are a lot more hungry than Rafa at the moment, they still have things to prove. You can only compare him with Federer, and I think Fed deserves credit for still being motivated, instead of taking anything away from Nadal. Nadal was the most determined player I've ever seen when he was younger, willing to adapt his game to also be successful off clay and winning everything. Talk about determination!

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
murray not afraid for nadal anymore? Because of that MM win in Tokyo? Murray still shits his pants when he sees Rafa in a slam.

Ofcourse other players are a lot more hungry than Rafa at the moment, they still have things to prove. You can only compare him with Federer, and I think Fed deserves credit for still being motivated, instead of taking anything away from Nadal. Nadal was the most determined player I've ever seen when he was younger, willing to adapt his game to also be successful off clay and winning everything. Talk about determination!
:lol:

no, it's the other way around. the courts adapted to nadal

·
Banned
558 Posts
He's telling the truth, credit to Rafa he always keeps it real and he is genuine always. His passion is not as strong as it was when he was first bursting on the scene as a young bull. Rafa may never have the passion as strong as it once was in the days of his youth when everything was new and exciting. Uncle Toni needs to find new ways to motivate and inspire Rafa. Changes are needed.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
:lol:

no, it's the other way around. the courts adapted to nadal
rubbish...take a look at how Rafa played us open 06 or something and how he did in 2010. Same goes for Wimbledon. Wimbledon hasn't changed in those years, and the us open was still quick when he won it

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Goes to show. The key to facing off and beating the toughest of opposition and winning the toughest of tournaments requires mass loads of resilience and motivation. He still has the resilience in abundance I think, it's just difficult to hold onto the motivation with the strain Nadal has put on his mind and body throughout his career, more strain in fact than anyone in history.

The Davis cup tie coming up might actually be a blessing. Fighting for his country and teammates rather than just for himself might spark the fire he has been desperately searching for lately. Success and the rest afterwards will do wonders for his state going into Aussie.

·
Registered
40,645 Posts
Give the guy a break,he is stating the obvious,it it's been quite clear that he's not the same guy on court,since the USOpen:awww:I'm sure he'll comeback stronger next year,and if Spain wins the DC,that will give him a huge boost.:)

1 - 20 of 231 Posts