Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ubaldo Scanagatta: Yesterday I talked with Stefan Fransson about players asking to avoid umpires, and he said there are plenty. You're not the only one. (...) Question is: if you had won a lot of clay tournaments and Bernardes, for example, shuold have been the umpire in some of those finals, he couldn't have done it in this situation. I don't think it's fair to him and tomorrow could Djokovic say ‘Oh, I prefer to avoid Mohamed Lahyani when playing finals?
Rafael Nadal: Can I answer now or do you have to go on?

Ubaldo Scanagatta: No, I'm done. I wanted to be clear, because sometimes I can be misunderstood.
Rafael Nadal: No, I always understand you well and...

Ubaldo Scanagatta: Thanks.
Rafael Nadal: I know you, it's simple. In my career I asked to avoid some umpires, a few times. It's not the first time I did it. And after a few tournaments, he was again on the chair in my matches. I've never had problems with anyone. I'll leave this tour in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 years and then you'll be able to talk with everyone who works in the ATP, and everyone will tell you if they ever had any problem with me during all these years. If I ever had problems with someone or was disrespectful to someone, you could come to Mallorca and talk about it with me.

Ubaldo Scanagatta: Am I invited?
Rafael Nadal: No, you aren't, because you always talk about controversial issues.

http://www.ubitennis.com/blog/2015/05/28/un-nadal-stizzito-risponde-ad-ubaldo-non-ho-mai-avuto-problemi-con-nessuno/

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
What a lovely, humble man hey? I didn't think I could possibly dislike him more but he always does something else. No one will say they had problems with him? Maybe if Toni and Rafito get to them first. Bullying is not something to be celebrated but Nadal openly admits it. Come to Mallorca and talk about it with me? If that isn't a threat then what is. Horrible man.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I think we may be missing tone here. One of the reporters on Twitter who was at the presser said Rafa was joking with Ubi in the last bit. Imagine it with laughter & eyebrow and you have a different picture than "fuck off, reporter".

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I think we may be missing tone here. One of the reporters on Twitter who was at the presser said Rafa was joking with Ubi in the last bit. Imagine it with laughter & eyebrow and you have a different picture than "fuck off, reporter".
He may try and pass it off as a joke but we all know he is serious. How can he say he hasn't disrespected anyone when he admitted he has asked for many umpires to be removed from his matches? How naive can you be that you would believe him.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Thank God we don't have access to full videos of press conferences.

ATP/ITF :worship:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Rafael Nadal: I know you, it's simple. In my career I asked to avoid some umpires, a few times. It's not the first time I did it. And after a few tournaments, he was again on the chair in my matches. I've never had problems with anyone. I'll leave this tour in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 years and then you'll be able to talk with everyone who works in the ATP, and everyone will tell you if they ever had any problem with me during all these years..
So what's the problem with Bernandes umpiring then?

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
The picture in the article :spit:

They really doing all they can aren't they :lol:

What an awesome RG, every DAY we have new stuff to talk about

I am expecting another 700 posts in this one within 24 hours, unless it is locked before

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
This man's insolence knows no bounds. Rafa is slipping just like LRC did at the end of his reign of terror. I would like to know other guys Rafa has decided to avoid and whether they have something in common ... I mean I don't know ... like their ...

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Can No1e roast piggy tomorrow instead of next week? Let's get this disgusting individual out of tournament and top 10 as early as possible.

Shameless clown.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
so that means it's not the first time he cheats. nothing new here. just another verification of a constant cheater .

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Can No1e roast piggy tomorrow instead of next week? Let's get this disgusting individual out of tournament and top 10.

Shameless clown.
Nole is injured. Don't count on it

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Keep digging Rafa.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Nadal needs a better PR team. Even as a Nadalhater it would be hard to do a worse job.

J.Monaco is waiting back in Mallorca so that last part was just for show. He doesn't want ppl there talking about time wasting, umpires, spanish doctors, on court coaching, ATP corruption etc etc

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You can request whatever you want at the end of the day the players nor the umpire get to make that decision.
Obviously ATP saw a valid reason(s) and acted on it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.