Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
It's not surprising considering his record at RG. I think the bookies are pretty spot on to be honest. Two players have significantly higher odds than everyone else, but then again who though Stan would win the AO? We might be surprised.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Rightfully so. I don't see anything wrong with it

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not saying anything is wrong. Most people seem to think as though he has no chance on these forums.

·
Your visions will happen
47,123 Posts
Yes, it was

Nadal- 2.52
Djokovic- 2.74

Very very slight champion's lead

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Was very interesting that Nadal was a much bigger favorite in 2011 despite Djokovic beating him in Madrid and Rome - he was 8/11 while Djokovic was 11/8 :shrug: Djokovic was form of his life then but whats changed since then? Both players seem to be worse, and Djokovic still hasn't won a BO5 on clay.

http://www.sbrforum.com/sports-betting/news/2011-french-open-men-s-tennis-betting-preview-a-20002/
But Nadal was in a better form too

Anyway, before the Rome final Nadal was around @1.90 at best, now it's @2.25 followed very close but Djokovic with @2.37

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
bwin offers 3.75 on any other player

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Was very interesting that Nadal was a much bigger favorite in 2011 despite Djokovic beating him in Madrid and Rome - he was 8/11 while Djokovic was 11/8 :shrug: Djokovic was form of his life then but whats changed since then? Both players seem to be worse, and Djokovic still hasn't won a BO5 on clay.

http://www.sbrforum.com/sports-betting/news/2011-french-open-men-s-tennis-betting-preview-a-20002/
I find it odd. but nadal was playing better on clay in 2011 than now so maybe that's why.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Good chance to win some money by betting Nadal this year.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
By and large, bookmakers/markets take a longer term view than most tennis fans. In other words, they're looking more at Nadal's RG titles and Djokovic's record in slam finals, than recent form.

Justifiably? For individual matches, yes, zero doubt. For titles? Dunno.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
What people forget about betting is that the line isn't necessarily what the oddsmaker thinks will happen, it just reflects where the money is being placed.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
bookies know their stuff.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Yeah the guy who has won 7 of the last 8 RG's, and has 1 career loss there to someone not in the draw is the favorite. Shocking.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Yeah the guy who has won 7 of the last 8 RG's, and has 1 career loss there to someone not in the draw is the favorite. Shocking.
It's actually 8 of the last 9 RG's.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Judging by comments of MTF experts, you would think Nadal would be at 20 or more.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Judging by comments of MTF experts, you would think Nadal would be at 20 or more.
Judging by the comments at MTF you would think rafa is some random dude playing at futures.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
BET365:

Nadal - 2.25
Djokovic - 2.37

This is basically even chances.

But those are bookmakers, they play safe, those guys currently are giving 5.00 to Nadal at Wimbledon 14, last year they gave him 3.00. They know he's probably not winning, but they'll play safe, they won't offer 20.00 or something. :lol:

Tennis wise Djokovic is the obviously favourite after the clay season. Rome always plays a huge part in the RG outgoing. But if you add the intangibles (previous record at RG, Djokovic choking away last year's match, Nadal 8 time champion), well, that's why the bookmakers made the odds pretty even. By myself, I believe the better tennis players normally won the big matches.

I honestly don't know who has the mental edge atm. Nadal has the fact he never lost to Novak in RG, but Novak is on a convincing 4 match winning streak.

To see who really are the favorites, I think lissening to bookmakers is a silly option, I usually like to hear opinions from respected people. For example, Kuerten said he would bet that Nadal is not winning this year, and he said it before starting Monte Carlo!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts