Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty surprising stat, considering it's the easiest to double bagel somebody on clay (given slower surface means more breaks) and he's obviously the King of Clay.

Federer's doing it twice, Novak once, Murray once.

Nadal has won 6-0 6-1 or 6-1 6-0 13 times tho, compared to 9x for Djokovic, 5x for Federer, 2x for Murray

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Rafa is a very generous champion and always allows his opponents at least one breadstick :worship:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Goffin is the TRUE GOAT. He know how to receive and deliver a double bagel. :worship: All other top players are pretenders.

·
Super Moderator
62,000 Posts
I agree it's surprising, but as far as holes in one's resumé goes this is in the same class as never having had more 2nd serve aces than 1st serve aces in a match.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,141 Posts
Pretty surprising stat, considering it's the easiest to double bagel somebody on clay (given slower surface means more breaks) and he's obviously the King of Clay.

Nadal has won 6-0 6-1 or 6-1 6-0 13 times tho, compared to 9x for Djokovic, 5x for Federer, 2x for Murray
I agree it's surprising, but as far as holes in one's resumé goes this is in the same class as never having had more 2nd serve aces than 1st serve aces in a match.
Actually he did it to Stakhovsky on clay in a DC match in 2013 (but it was BO5, still counts as a double bagel)

Rafael Nadal def. Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-0 6-0 6-4

·
Registered
894 Posts
Actually he did it to Stakhovsky on clay in a DC match in 2013 (but it was BO5, still counts as a double bagel)

Thnx for the right info. :worship:

In addition to his poor grammar (really m8, remove that American flag), OP does not even know how to Google results. :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,834 Posts

Unfair. He also has a triple bagel to his name.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Even if Nadal is the King of Clay, maybe it has something to do that he has the worst serve/receive combo of the Big Four.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,334 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts

Also:

Nadal d. Monaco 6-2 6-0 6-0 (RG 2012, 4R)

Monaco was actually up 2-1 in the first set. I remember watching him hold serve with a fiery "vamos!", as I changed the channel to watch something else. I switched back to it not too long afterwards to discover that Monaco had lost the next 17 games.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Even if Nadal is the King of Clay, maybe it has something to do that he has the worst serve/receive combo of the Big Four.
These numbers are too small to draw meaningful conclusions from. His 12-1 match record suggest that he has no problem dominating opponents.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Nadal

is overspend

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lot of haters... These fellows fav tennis players can't touch most bagels record among active player 😁😁😁😁😁😁 rafa 100+ *

1 - 20 of 24 Posts