Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like at the US Open

·
Registered
732 Posts
Was on it then and I’m on it now.

Would rather anyone else did, but I think he’s going to win it.

He will struggle with Djokovic for sure and probably Rogie. But these two all struggle with Meddy, Stef, Thiem etc and Rafa doesn’t.

Tennis in a funny transitional stage at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Was on it then and I’m on it now.

Would rather anyone else did, but I think he’s going to win it.

He will struggle with Djokovic for sure and probably Rogie. But these two all struggle with Meddy, Stef, Thiem etc and Rafa doesn’t.

Tennis in a funny transitional stage at the moment.

Ok so being 2-0 up in sets and getting pegged back too 2-2 and also nearly losing at the tour finals .

How does he not struggle with Medvedev ?

Sorry but that is a ignorant comment .

I do know Medvedev is yet too beat Nadal but we are in a transition period right now .

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dull will probs reach final but get spanked by Djokovic like last year. Kyrgios has a shot at taking him out but his chances of getting to round 4 are less than his chances of beating Dull.

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
you certainly have almost no shot of winning MTF Person of the Year
The good news is your contest has a 0% chance of gaining any support or votes

·
Registered
539 Posts
Most of the top 6 favorites for AO have reasonable odds I think, including Rafa. Perhaps Federer might be a bit difficult to estimate, though, as he hasn't played anything in the lead-up.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
If I remember well the OP put good money on Nadal during last year's AO. He was so confident in Nadal's victory that I was surprised that he didn't go bankrupt when nasty butterfly effects came into force (or maybe he did? ;))

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I remember well the OP put good money on Nadal during last year's AO. He was so confident in Nadal's victory that I was surprised that he didn't go bankrupt when nasty butterfly effects came into force (or maybe he did? ;))
Oh I put no money I can remember of on Rafa then. I put good money on him to win the USO though.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Obviously considering his level of play in Abu Dhabi and Perth, his athletism in Bo5, and his far more offensive game Rafa is if not the favourite, at least one of the favourite.
He will be fresher here than in Sydney, and his draw is relatively quiet up to SF.

Other big favourite is Djokovic but with a more tricky draw.

And of course Medvedev but his nerves can be some limit in tight matches if he is not in a perfect day.

Shapovalov was great in AO Series and can perform even if he is relatively unexperienced in Bo5.

Rublev should be gassed.

And we can have an upset from players that looked not that good in AO Series : Tsitsipas Khachanov Thiem because some may have decided to focuse and peak in Slam.

Last big Question Mark is Federer who decided not to competitively play at all since WTF, apart from Exhos with Zverev who showed pathetic level and confidence in ATP Cup. He can be fresh as daisy but also very rusty considering his age.
Plus his body can have trouble recovering from some close match considering he did not pile matches as he usually did in Hopman Cup.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Obviously considering his level of play in Abu Dhabi and Perth, his athletism in Bo5, and his far more offensive game Rafa is if not the favourite, at least one of the favourite.
He will be fresher here than in Sydney, and his draw is relatively quiet up to SF.

Other big favourite is Djokovic but with a more tricky draw.

And of course Medvedev but his nerves can be some limit in tight matches if he is not in a perfect day.

Shapovalov was great in AO Series and can perform even if he is relatively unexperienced in Bo5.

Rublev should be gassed.

And we can have an upset from players that looked not that good in AO Series : Tsitsipas Khachanov Thiem because some may have decided to focuse and peak in Slam.

Last big Question Mark is Federer who decided not to competitively play at all since WTF, apart from Exhos with Zverev who showed pathetic level and confidence in ATP Cup. He can be fresh as daisy but also very rusty considering his age.
Plus his body can have trouble recovering from some close match considering he did not pile matches as he usually did in Hopman Cup.
relative to what?

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
relatively means it is not absolutely quiet because Kyrgios and Khachanov if on a good day can be tricky opponents but I think he should prevail. TBH rest of his quarter is not that difficult.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
relatively means it is not absolutely quiet because Kyrgios and Khachanov if on a good day can be tricky opponents but I think he should prevail. TBH rest of his quarter is not that difficult.
no, why is it relatively quiet i'm asking.

quiet, relative to what.

·
Premium Member
9,749 Posts
Seems about right, if Novak does not reach the Final though , he becomes favorite for me , will pounce if opportunity presents itself

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ok so being 2-0 up in sets and getting pegged back too 2-2 and also nearly losing at the tour finals .

How does he not struggle with Medvedev ?

Sorry but that is a ignorant comment .

I do know Medvedev is yet too beat Nadal but we are in a transition period right now .
Med isn’t going to beat Dull at a slam. His choke at the WTF was horrendous. Probably should have won USO too.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Dull will probs reach final but get spanked by Djokovic like last year. Kyrgios has a shot at taking him out but his chances of getting to round 4 are less than his chances of beating Dull.
Did Kyrgios take Rafa out in the 2nd round of 2019 Wimbledon?

Rafa v. Khachanov head to head is 7-0, Rafa.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts