Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know why he didn't play doubles today.
is he going to withdraw from singles as well?
is his knee not recovered?

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Salva-Vidal withdrew yesterday in the singles qualifying. Probably he is the one injured.

·
Registered
402 Posts
bartolome salva-vidal got injured yesterday during his second match from the qualifications and retired so I guess he couldn't recover for the doubles. he was supposed to be rafa's partner so rafa's fine ;)

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
They showed Rafa at the airport and at the Press conference on german TV, so no need to worry for the fans. He'll kill Waske tomorrow. Probably at 5 pm CET.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I really dont see anyone troubling him in this tournament.

·
Registered
390 Posts
He should rest more, he can get injured :(
He's the type of player who needs to play regularly to keep his form to a high standard. Look what happened last year when he took a month off!! It's clay so he shouldn't have too many problems and the 250 points could become very important if he wins.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
he's hardly injured, just a lame excuse for not winning wimbledon.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
erm..that's what we're all saying! That it is his partner who is injured. At no point did Nadal use his tendinitus as an excuse for Wimbledon, in fact he said in his press conference it had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Be careful, that teenage girl might give you a bad rep for disagreeing with her. Aren't you scared in your pants?:D

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Posted by Tnn74
True, but Rafa is The KING of clay :angel:
There's nothing to be taken for granted. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I guess he really wants that number ranking.

I agree ... It doesn't make any sense for Nadal to play on clay between Wimbledon and the summer hardcourt season ... unless you're after cheap points that are going to help you getting to that #1 ranking ... and we all know that Federer has the advantage in the second half of the year to win those titles!

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Rafa shouldn't take it easy.:) Papa Gaudio is pretty good on clay.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

On another note, winning this tournament will go a long way in helping Nadal reach #1. He will still need to perform well on the hard courts, but the 50 points he will pick up here will give him a little bit of a buffer come the TMS summer events.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts