Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not one for mickey mouse 500 events and exhos like Laver Cup ATP Cup and WTF. However i caught a glimpse while i was at gym of Djokovic v Monfils and Nadal v Korean Chap highlights.

Nadal looks relaxed cheerful and dare i say a bit smug and the swagger is at its best.

Djokovic looks irritated on edge and unhappy and wound up. He did in 2017 as well. A lot like Federer did in 2018.

I get feeling winning 2 Majors but ending a year no.2 is a real kick in the teeth. Not to mention Nadal outside Australia seems to have Djokovics number fiven their last match was 6-0 6-1 in Rome, looking at body language it looks like Nadal is beginning to get to Novak like he got to Federer.

Nadal definitely seems better at the mind games for sure.

·
Your visions will happen
50,812 Posts
Im not one for mickey mouse 500 events and exhos like Laver Cup ATP Cup and WTF. However i caught a glimpse while i was at gym of Djokovic v Monfils and Nadal v Korean Chap highlights.

Nadal looks relaxed cheerful and dare i say a bit smug and the swagger is at its best.

Djokovic looks irritated on edge and unhappy and wound up. He did in 2017 as well. A lot like Federer did in 2018.

I get feeling winning 2 Majors but ending a year no.2 is a real kick in the teeth. Not to mention Nadal outside Australia seems to have Djokovics number fiven their last match was 6-0 6-1 in Rome, looking at body language it looks like Nadal is beginning to get to Novak like he got to Federer.

Nadal definitely seems better at the mind games for sure.
Rafa looks very good in Acapulco, yes. He looks relaxed and cheerful because he is in a resort in Mexico while Djokovic is playing in front of oil sheiks in the desert. 2 very different locales.

But we will see vs. Dimitrov tonight and then vs Tsitsipas tomorrow and then we see. Only thing that matters is the wins and the points. How they got there doesn't matter

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nadal being relaxed in Mexico has nothing to do with Djokovic's mentality, when they aren't even playing the same tournament. I don't understand how you equate Nadal feeling himself with being in Djokovic's head. Nadal hasn't exactly done all that well against Djokovic over the last few years.

"Nadal in Djokovic's head..." it's like a total illogical leap, unless I'm missing something.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rafa looks very good in Acapulco, yes. He looks relaxed and cheerful because he is in a resort in Mexico while Djokovic is playing in front of oil sheiks in the desert. 2 very different locales.

But we will see vs. Dimitrov tonight and then vs Tsitsipas tomorrow and then we see. Only thing that matters is the wins and the points. How they got there doesn't matter
Nice to find a sensible poster. Everything you post is balanced and makes sense.

·
Banned
693 Posts
I respect a good troll, just as anyone else - but it has to be done properly to be entertaining.
It's pretty clear that Novak doesn't worry about Nadal at this point. I have a feeling that Novak wants to meet him as many times as possible - just because he feels so dominant in that matchup. I believe Novak thinks the same way about Fed too.
While I still believe that Rafa is dangerous on clay, I think Novak doesn't believe that anymore.
Regardless, we'll probably see them meet again very soon - and I'd like that to be on clay before the RG... Just so Novak can set the right tone for the formal dethroning of the "King of Clay" at RG.

Reactions: Nole Fan #1

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I'm sure that has nothing to do with Nadal playing Soonwoo Kwon who is ranked 76th in the world while Djokovic was playing a peaking top 10 player in Monfils...Kind of how Djokovic looked so relaxed the last few rounds when he played 3 players that didn't belong on the same court as him.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I respect a good troll, just as anyone else - but it has to be done properly to be entertaining.
It's pretty clear that Novak doesn't worry about Nadal at this point. I have a feeling that Novak wants to meet him as many times as possible - just because he feels so dominant in that matchup. I believe Novak thinks the same way about Fed too.
While I still believe that Rafa is dangerous on clay, I think Novak doesn't believe that anymore.
Regardless, we'll probably see them meet again very soon - and I'd like that to be on clay before the RG... Just so Novak can set the right tone for the formal dethroning of the "King of Clay" at RG.
Last meeting outside Australia Nadal 6-0 6-1 v Djokovic.

Nadal 12 FOs Djokovic 1 FO.

Not being funny but Nadal would be gutted to lose a set off Djokovic at RG lol. Or at USO.

Only in Australia and Asia is Rafa struggling v Djoker.

Djokovic cannot handle high bouncing courts. Tour will be moving to high bouncing courts in a few weeks.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure that has nothing to do with Nadal playing Soonwoo Kwon who is ranked 76th in the world while Djokovic was playing a peaking top 10 player in Monfils...Kind of how Djokovic looked so relaxed the last few rounds when he played 3 players that didn't belong on the same court as him.
Lmao. Djoker fans talking up the choker Monfils. Kwon would have hammered Monfils.

All we saw was Djokovic cannot handle a higher bouncing court. He was lost until conditions got cooler and ball kept lower .

Im not sure what time he plays Tsitsipas or how hot it will be but if its earlier and sunny ill guarantee Djokovic loses.

Djokovic is still amazing on low bouncing courts. But like Nadal is average by his peak standards on low bouncing courts same applies to Djokovic on high bouncing courts.

Btw are u on TTW lol.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nadal is irrelevant to Djokovic, OP.
19-17...9-6 says otherwise.

Olympic gold...Masters 1000...

There is not one relevant statistic Djokovic leads Nadal in bar 500 level and 250 events and exhos like WTF.

Is Serbia out of salt hehehehe

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Correction. In reality its Nadal 20-17 Djokovic as Nadal is unbeatable at FO. Apologies.
Cool story, but Djokovic has won 10 of the last 13 matches. Kind of points to him being in Nadal's head, not the other way around. Feel free to keep trolling though.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts