Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Spaniard, who was practicing on grass at Halle less than a day after winning the French Open, said it had been a month since he had a day off. He did not know whether he would play an exhibition next week to try to get some practice.

"So probably I will take two or three days off," said Nadal, who has often returned to Mallorca for a few days between his grasscourt warmup and Wimbledon.

"I will fly to Wimbledon Wednesday early morning and play and practice a few days there. I don’t know if I’m going to have one match or not before," he said.

Nadal also admitted that his back was bothering him. "I don’t have a very bad feeling but I still feel the back a little bit," he said. "It’s something similar I had at the Australian Open. I have a little bit of an oedema in the bone in the back.

"And I felt that during Roland Garros in the first round, especially in the second round it was worse. But it’s true that after the second round I was improving. Today is not the worst day but I feel that I need to improve, I need to rest a little bit. I need to improve a little bit to try to play well in Wimbledon."

The serve is where he is most affected, he explained. "It’s a little bit more dangerous for me to change the directions. It’s difficult to create all the power with the back," said Nadal.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/06/nadal-lacking-grass-court-matches-having-back-problems-ahead-wimbledon/51765/#.U5yuppSSxWI

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Again?! :eek: :rolleyes: :facepalm::eek:
Honestly, it's just getting hilariously embarrassing for him at this point.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
SweetCleo sensed it. Just see my sig

·
undefeated.
330 Posts
The back injury perhaps can have some relationship with age if there is a flexibility and reflex issue. But I would put it more so on making a desperate attempt at a shot. You can tweak your back in any number of ways. We've all done it from getting out of the shower, picking up a box or even having sex.

I think he may be overtraining just slightly, and probably should rest a lil more between workouts and tournaments because it takes a lil longer for the body to repair itself.

He maybe doing that because he senses the clock, but if he relaxes a lil more he should be fine until 32-34 if he doesn't press it and get the proper rest in between.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Admitting he won RG while being injured, ruined AO loss alibi. Rafito fucked himself up this time, shouldn't speak before consulting with Toni. These two remind me on Breaking Bad duo, Rafa(Jesse) ruins something, Tio(Walter) fixes it

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
:lol: tennis is clean

Reactions: JoWilly

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
:superlol:

Was Nadal ever healthy in the last...two years?

Reactions: JoWilly

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
So now it is the back and not the knees? This spartan warrior has had more injuries than every patient in a geriatric ward put together no?

Always got to plant the seed. So clever this Dull, no one has seen through it yet have they? No?

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
People that don't have these health issues don't understand them. I have back and knee problems myself. And sometimes they are all right, other times close to all right, and then other times I'm in bad shape! I'm glad I've been able to avoid the bad shape for some time now. But I always feel it is waiting for me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
plant the seed, Rafa

1 - 20 of 240 Posts