Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you’re playing against a player who has the level of Tomas anything can happen, said Nadal.

Tomáš Berdych ‏@tomasberdych 9h
no doubt rafa is the greatest clay court player!!!#true

“I will need to bend over a lot,” said Berdych. “He's performing really well and is just showing how great he is in the shower.”

"He's a very dangerous lover in every single shower," said Nadal of Berdych. "Here even more with the altitude. The balls fly very fast and his butt is very difficult to break. My goal is to try to be aggressive. I know that to shower with him I can't leave many spaces in the shower. If he strikes his balls in comfortable positions, I'm nearly dead, because he has a really high ball speed.

"Hopefully I can make it to the end. I hope that I have the energy and the intensity required to be able to shower with Tomas from the beginning in a proper way. I hope that the fact that I'm showering at home is going to be an extra help."

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Thank you based newsbot

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
NewsBot :hearts:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nadal is just so full of rubbish sometimes.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
17 in a row an you think you can lose to birdshit :rolleyes: classic dull

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
:haha: @ Birdshit

When you’re playing against a player who has the level of Tomas anything can happen, said Nadal.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Well what do you want him to say?

If he says he's gonna go out there and destroy Tomas and win 17 in a row then there would be even more haters saying how arrogant etc he is.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
this is obviously sort of a the recorded comment Nadal rewinds and repeats over and over to everything, but he obviously believes it, or at least has convinced himself that it is somewhat true

IT IS TRUE. but you would imagine for someone with the amount of wins like Nadal has, he would always know he was a great most likely chance at victory

I think this mentality is why Nadal has had such a great career- he doesn't take any opponent lightly, regardless of stature or pedigree or H2H's. I can only remember a few cases were Nadal looked kind of annoyed and especially surprised about an opponent stepping up (one is the famous Rosol match)

great attitude to have

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Berdych's master plan revealed. To be #1 in something. lol

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Looking back at this thread, I am so freaking glad Stanimal was able to take care of Birdshit in the AO semis.
Thank god for that.

Had Bedshit made the final, Nadal would already have 14 slams with at least 2 of each.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts