Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal: "I lost today because my rival played better. I tried hard, I tried my best"

"The only thing I can do is keep working the way that I did the last three days, because I came here, I tried hard, I tried my best."

“I was able to play very well on grass in the past,” said Nadal, who reached five straight Wimbledon finals he contested between 2006-’11 (he did not play in 2009) and won the title twice (2008, '10).

"But to play well on grass the most important thing is to play matches. You need to play with confidence… [and] you need to adjust. The only way to adjust is by playing matches and winning matches.”

"I don’t count 2012 like a loss,” the left-hander said. “I was totally injured from my knee. I didn’t play anything for seven months. Last year I tried. I was not well enough. And this year, talking about my knee, I’m much better than last year. I lost today because my rival was playing better than me.”

It was the worst draw possible against a player like this. It’s very difficult to talk about the match because I don’t know what to say. I didn’t play. My opponent always served over 200kph with his first and second serves. So, that can happen on this surface if you face an opponent like this.

"I tried but my serve was not good enough. At the same time he changed the dynamic completely. For four games he really didn’t put many returns on the court and then suddenly he was playing winners from the return. So, it’s difficult to analyse these kind of matches.”

Brown said: "I never played against a world number one before, never played him before, so this is just crazy for me."

"I've had a lot of great wins before, but this was my first time playing against a World No. 1, at home in Germany and on grass - my best surface," said Brown. "Everything came together. I tried to play my game as aggressively as possible.

"I took away the big things in [Nadal's] game that make him the unbelievable player that he is. I hit a lot of big serves. I had a plan and it worked out."

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Re: Nadal: "I lost today because my rival played better. I tried hard, I tried my bes

"The only thing I can do is keep working the way that I did the last three days, because I came here, I tried hard, I tried my best."

“I was able to play very well on grass in the past,” said Nadal, who reached five straight Wimbledon finals he contested between 2006-’11 (he did not play in 2009) and won the title twice (2008, '10).

"But to play well on grass the most important thing is to play matches. You need to play with confidence… [and] you need to adjust. The only way to adjust is by playing matches and winning matches.”

"I don’t count 2012 like a loss,” the left-hander said. “I was totally injured from my knee. I didn’t play anything for seven months. Last year I tried. I was not well enough. And this year, talking about my knee, I’m much better than last year. I lost today because my rival was playing better than me.”

It was the worst draw possible against a player like this. It’s very difficult to talk about the match because I don’t know what to say. I didn’t play. My opponent always served over 200kph with his first and second serves. So, that can happen on this surface if you face an opponent like this.

"I tried but my serve was not good enough. At the same time he changed the dynamic completely. For four games he really didn’t put many returns on the court and then suddenly he was playing winners from the return. So, it’s difficult to analyse these kind of matches.”

Brown said: "I never played against a world number one before, never played him before, so this is just crazy for me."

"I've had a lot of great wins before, but this was my first time playing against a World No. 1, at home in Germany and on grass - my best surface," said Brown. "Everything came together. I tried to play my game as aggressively as possible.

"I took away the big things in [Nadal's] game that make him the unbelievable player that he is. I hit a lot of big serves. I had a plan and it worked out."
This arrogant dull... he was fine just Rosol was bashing in 5th set indoors and hit through him....

·
12,691 Posts
Re: Nadal: "I lost today because my rival played better. I tried hard, I tried my bes

He doesn't count 2012 like a loss? lol what a sore loser.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

"I don’t count 2012 like a loss,” the left-hander said. “I was totally injured from my knee. I didn’t play anything for seven months. Last year I tried. I was not well enough.

It's unreal this Nadal :superlol: He would refuse to give credit to his opponent with his gun pointed at his head

Winning Roland Garros and then saying i was not well or i was injured or stuff it's just not right man

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

It's unreal this Nadal :superlol: He would refuse to give credit to his opponent with his gun pointed at his head
Very ironic words when he is giving unconditional credit to his today opponent and to Darcis too.

Oh well, haters gonna hate.

·
12,691 Posts

And the media will always ignore this and always call him the "humble" champ. lol

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Hate thinking this, but might the early exit be an easy way to collect an appearance fee? Then again, doubt Nadal hurting for money --- could it be a need to rest his body while still fulfilling a contract?

·
12,691 Posts

Very ironic words when he is giving unconditional credit to his today opponent and to Darcis too.

If you are gonna give credit to your opponents, then be consistent. Rosol played the match of his life yet he gets no credit from Mr. Humble.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts

Brown would have beaten anybody today with his level, just incredible stuff.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

Yeah he gives credit to Brown today saying he played his best to avoid some comments about him coming to the tournament only for the appearence fee

And where did he give credit to Darcis? :confused: He said "i was not well enough"

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you think today Nadal thinks he even lost or he was playing sport??? http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=450290

" the crowd doesn't want to see aces and short rallies, they dont applaud this, this is not sport to me" yep so today was not sport therefore not tennis, according to Rafa he hasn't lost on grass since WIM 2011 :clown:

Well dull, was Halle applauding browns epic volleys loud enough for you?!! Could you hear them roar when he he was roasting you?!! Are you not entertained?!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

Not a nice comment from Nadal, Rosol played out of this world and deserves full credit, I am not a Nadal hater but this is very bad sportsmanship...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Remember when him and Toni used to pretend HC hurt Nadal's knees because he didn't win as much there? Now he has got his ass kicked on grass, suddenly this is the surface that hurts his knees. Of course he is physically perfect for clay only mere days before. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

Brown would have beaten anybody today with his level, just incredible stuff.
He wouldn't, let us stop this crap because Nadal is currently just plain awful on the surface to the point where he is getting almost toyed with on court..Somebody, probably more rested and mentally in it, equipped with far more decent ROS would have eventually started to read Dustin serve and made that clown honest about coming to drop-volley him each time..Nadal gets ridiculously antsy when somebody start ace him left and right and almost check out of those matches....

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

And where did he give credit to Darcis? :confused: He said "i was not well enough"
He didn't well enough to win. Whats wrong with that stament? About the issue: “Are you joking? I answered this question three or four times already,” he snapped. “I’m not going to talk about my knee. The only thing I can say is that Steve played a fantastic match. Everything I could say about the knee would be an excuse, and I don’t like to do that when I lost a match like this. Steve deserves not one excuse.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/10140061/Wimbledon-2013-Rafael-Nadal-refuses-to-blame-knee-after-losing-to-Steve-Darcis.html

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

humbalito :hug:

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

Yeah he gives credit to Brown today saying he played his best to avoid some comments about him coming to the tournament only for the appearence fee
He always could say he was tired or didn't play enough matches in grass the last seasons or put another excuse instead said simply the other guy play better that day.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts

Nadal offers no excuses, says the other guy played better, haters still find something to bitch about, NID :rolleyes: :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 162 Posts