Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
51,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nadal wasting no time getting back to work in search of his 3rd Wimbledon title :D

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/06/23/Stuttgart-Monday-Nadal-Preview.aspx

While the tennis world had its collective eyes on the Roland Garros final on Sunday, Rafael Nadal was back to his usual training routine.

“I did not watch the match; I was practising,” admitted Nadal, who has been hard at work in Stuttgart, making the transition from clay to grass court rather than dwelling much on his quarter-final loss against Novak Djokovic in Paris.

“It’s not the time to think about it today. It’s time to think about practice,” said Nadal, who is competing at the first edition of the MercedesCup to be held on grass. “First time on grass is always hard. I’m going to try my best, practise as much as I can today and tomorrow and Wednesday for my first round match.”

While the switch from red clay to turf will be a challenge for the Spaniard, he’ll have plenty of happy memories to draw upon in the German city, having lifted the trophy here in 2005 and 2007 when the ATP World Tour 250 tournament was played on clay.

“I played on the Centre Court yesterday and for a first-year event, the court is in great shape, so congrats to everyone for that,” said Nadal. “Now I get to play two weeks before Wimbledon for the first time, so I hope that helps.”

When asked about his goals for the rest of the year, Nadal was categorical.

“I want to win as many matches as possible,” he insisted.

Nadal may not have gotten off to the best start this year, as he had hoped, but he is backing himself to rise back up the Emirates ATP Rankings from his current position of No. 10.

“I don’t need to deal with (the loss to Djokovic) anymore. It’s in the past. I just have to improve my level of tennis, my intensity on the court. If I can do that, then I am confident I can get back to the highest level.”

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Re: Nadal: "I did not watch (The RG final); I was practicing"

When asked about his goals for the rest of the year, Nadal was categorical.

“I want to win as many matches as possible,” he insisted.
:worship:

·
Your visions will happen
51,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Put down the pipe Johnny. Nadal ain't fluking another Wimbledon

·
Banned
923 Posts
Nadal will win Wimbledon. The early loss at RG and the extra week before Wimbledon will have him better prepared than ever before.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nadal will win Wimbledon. The early loss at RG and the extra week before Wimbledon will have him better prepared than ever before.
He won't get past the third round... Your jinx or anti-jinx won't work. Rafa's fate is sealed.

·
Banned
923 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Delusion ends fate.
Ends? Here... I am going to call it right now, and I dare you people to make me eat my words when proven wrong. Rafa has 0% chance of winning Wimbledon. 0%! A unicorn with a camel's body is more likely

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Nadal wasting no time getting back to work in search of his 3rd Wimbledon title :D

“I did not watch the match; I was practising”

“It’s not the time to think about it today. It’s time to think about practice”

“First time on grass is always hard. I’m going to try my best, practise as much as I can today and tomorrow and Wednesday for my first round match.”

“I don’t need to deal with (the loss to Djokovic) anymore. It’s in the past. I just have to improve my level of tennis, my intensity on the court. If I can do that, then I am confident I can get back to the highest level.”
and this is why he has 14 majors despite numerous injuries and setbacks. i'll never count rafa out until he hangs up the gloves for good. mad respect :hatoff:

·
The Last Mohican
24,750 Posts
Nadull sucks, and his grass game has been in tatters for years now. He always practices and never gets any better. Every year after 2012, the desperate Nadulltards say he will win Wimbledon, but that is due to their own defense mechanisms. Nadull has caused so much heartbreak that these emotions overrides the logic in a tard's brain and sends it into overload. The result is desperate, fleeting, unfounded hope. I don't know about the Dulltards, but I will take logic over delusion any day.

No matter how much he practices, he's a definite underdog to make the 2nd week.

Commiserations to the Nadulltards when he crashes out in R2. :sad:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Put down the pipe Johnny. Nadal ain't fluking another Wimbledon
yes, another wimbledon crown is a bit unrealistic at this stage with so many big bangers capable of taking him out in any round. what rafa's focusing on is dialing up the aggression and confidence for the n. american hc season, us open, ao, and another run at rg.

·
The Last Mohican
24,750 Posts
I mean... Nadull's Wimbledon chances are so fragile. If he gets Kohli in R4, then Dull simply loses. IF he draws Cilic, Raonic, Lopez, RBA, Tomic, Kyrgios, Karlovic, Rosol, Seppi, Muller, Baghdatis, Kokkinakis, Dolgopolov, Nieminen, Mahut, Kuznetsov, Simon, Goffin, Klizan, Isner, Fognini, Stakhovsky, Darcis, and Dimitrov on a good day - he's the underdog. That's just in the top 100.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
haha got to love Nadal, he's an intense fellow

shocked if he didn't really watch it, definitely have to think he at least watched highlights of it later on

I <333 you Nadal. at least we know he's taking it seriously to come back and win

Reactions: Mimi
1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.