Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that nadal isnt travelling with Uncle Toni during the Spring USA HC this year and last year. He is instead travelling with Mr. Roig.

Does Mr. Roig make the difference in success?

Does Mr Roig encourage a more aggressive, flatter style hitting?

Discuss.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
As far as I know, he didn't travel with Uncle Toni during the Spring USA HC season last year either. It's Mr. Roig who accompanies him over there... this year is no exceptance.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
I noticed that nadal isnt travelling with Uncle Toni during the Spring USA HC this year and last year. He is instead travelling with Mr. Roig.

Discuss.
its a well known fact that when Tony is not around, Nadal goofs off more. he is also likely to hit the golf course everyday like he is doing now instead of having 2 practice sessions on his days off. for instance, he is off tomorrow. you will cetainly find him on the golf course in Indian Wells. Justin may head there to interview him. who knows.

Tony has 2 young kids and like to take a little time off when he can. he will be with Nadal for the entire clay circuit and Wimbledon so he takes a little time off to spend with his family this time of the year.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Toni travels with him to the Slams and most of the events in Europe.

Roig is always around the place.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

Discuss.
No.

Roig also travels with him (no Toni) durng Rafa's most impressive time of the season - US Fall h/c season.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think this is the reason, although I believe that he does need a coach.

I think the reason for his good results are more his desire to win, lately he looked like he is not very interested to win, but here he can't afford to lose this amount of points so he is fighting harder not playing much better

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It has more to do with IW/Miami playing like blue/purple clay than any other reason.

Nadal should have no trouble owning ppl at these tournaments. All he ahs to do is hit vicious topspin near the baselines. Too bad this time he is hitting these shots way too short.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Toni seems to be now in Europe, He will join Nadal for the Claycourt season...
Go let's give him a rest....and Nadal will win on hardcourts....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts