Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadal has been unlucky, could have been undisputed GOAT.

4K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  Sham Kay Adams 
#1 ·
I feel Nadal would be the undisputed GOAT by now if not for these factors:

1. Had to deal with grassGOAT/ overall GOAT in prime

2. Had to deal with PeakVAK

3. WTF always played on his least favorite surface, would have won 6+ if played on clay

4. Hindered by knee injuries and other ailments, many missed slam opportunities

5. Time violation rule has made it harder on him, if he could have 52 seconds between points, he would have won more slams.

6. too many masters played on hard court. If more on clay, he would have more weeks at no1 than Fed and Eggvak.

7. Hair loss has caused loss of confidence. If he had beautiful hair like Fed, he could dominate with aplomb.

Discuss.

#2 ·

3. WTF always played on his least favorite surface, would have won 6+ if played on clay

5. Time violation rule has made it harder on him, if he could have 52 seconds between points, he would have won more slams.

6. too many masters played on hard court. If more on clay, he would have more weeks at no1 than Fed and Eggvak.

7. Hair loss has caused loss of confidence. If he had beautiful hair like Fed, he could dominate with aplomb.

Discuss.
he has receding hair line on one of the corner of his head, not as serious as Rafa though ;)

#3 ·
Can't tell if this is a troll thread or not.
1. I think playing against Federer didn't hurt him. He dominated Nose from the word go. I think he could have lost some of those slams if he played some random ballbasher instead of Federer.
2. Agree with this. Peak Novak did hurt him. A lot.
3. He still should have won one.
4. Agree.
5. I think he would benefit if he actually played faster. It's easier to keep momentum.
6. Well, yeah, but the tour is dominated by hardcourts, the amount of hardcourt masters is representitive. You could say the same about slams.
7. You're definitely trolling here.

#4 · (Edited)

Discuss.
See (1:17:00) where Samson looses all his power&strenght because someone cuts his hair.

#5 ·
Lol what a ridiculous thread. Nadal is the LOAT - luckiest of all time.

Without luck, cheating, fixed draws, favorable schedules, umpire bullying, Tony's backdoor deals Nadal is 7-8 slam winner tops. And all of those would be RGs of course.

#6 ·
And djoko would have won only 1 slam if it wasn't for your unwavering support and fawning over everything he does, even when he's in the bathroom taking a leak. If he gets pee pee on the toilet seat, you would probably defend him and blame it on external factors like someone knocking on the door.

#8 ·
No external factors and Novak would have had 14+ slams by now and you know it.

Insulting me and hiding behind snotty, stupid and fake attempt of "humor", does not help you there.

Sorry.

#16 ·
Registered for more than 3 years and only 200 posts. Clearly a double account. NID.

#20 ·
:haha:

Love the timing of this thread. Just after Rafito got yet another title handed to him by a choking & self-distructing opponent who was basically bossing Wafa around.

Luckiest player in the history of the fucking sport.

#22 ·
his English is way better than mine ;)

#25 ·
Nadal doesn't care about hard work, dedication, being a better tennis player, he just wants to win stuff badly, and win as much as he can. Anyway he can, who cares, as long as it counts as a win.

#26 ·
I feel Nadal would be the undisputed GOAT by now if not for these factors:.
Novak also had to deal with Fed and Nadal.

Lol. He has won USO and AO, and has won many masters on Hard. He should know how to play at WTF. Also, why do you expect the world to change just for Rafa? Murray would start asking for grass, etc. I think Its fair to have WTF to be on indoor hard courts, since there's no other slams in indoor hard courts.

This could be luck, but then it has impacted so, so many players. In fact, in Nadal's case, its more of his playing style that causes his knee problems. Its more self-induced than luck IMHO.

Nobody else requires 52 seconds to play between points. Why does Rafa? Again, dont expect the world to change just for Rafa.

Again, why just for Rafa?

Discuss
:lol:

#33 ·
Djpeakovic is worthless.
Rafa has beaten Djokovic in 4 of their last 5 slam meetings, and Rafa's most lopsided win was 2013 US Open.
Djokovic is a non-factor, because Rafa is winning 17-18 slams anyway.
Rafa 2015 US Open Champion for slam title #15.
Rafa will finish with 4 or 5 US Open titles (and 5 is the record).

#40 ·
In an age without Federer/Djokovic, Nadal will have 19/20 slams, 06,07 WC, and 11 WC, 11USO, 12 AO, (15 RG iffy)
In an age without Nadal/Djokovic, Federer will have 27/30 slams 05,06,07,08,11RG, 10,11USO, 08,09,11AO, 08,14,15 WC, (12RG,12/14AO,iffy)

#44 ·
They can call Roger the GOAT all day, his achievements and dominance against the tour other than Rafa has earned him to be thoroughly in the GOAT argument, but I'll always remember that Rafa curb stomped the fuck out of him at every turn of his career reducing him to tears.

Nadal has always brutalized his 2 main rivals in slams and slams are what's remembered. 9-2, 9-4. Never had a bugaboo like Fed. He dominated all his main rivals thoroughly.

Without any bad timing with injuries we'll never know where his slam tally would sit. But 14 is damn good.

#46 ·
They can call Roger the GOAT all day, his achievements and dominance against the tour other than Rafa has earned him to be thoroughly in the GOAT argument, but I'll always remember that Rafa curb stomped the fuck out of him at every turn of his career reducing him to tears.

Nadal has always brutalized his 2 main rivals in slams and slams are what's remembered. 9-2, 9-4. Never had a bugaboo like Fed. He dominated all his main rivals thoroughly.

Without any bad timing with injuries we'll never know where his slam tally would sit. But 14 is damn good.
His record is impressive, especially against Federer. But on the other hand he has suffered a lot more early round losses at the hands of "weaker" players who really shouldn't be beating a GOAT candidate so easily at a grand slam event. Federer and Djokovic very rarely lose before the QF of a slam. Federer's only "surprising" loss that I can remember in recent years was to Stakhovsky at Wimbledon, and perhaps Robredo at the USO. Djokovic hasn't lost before the QF of a slam since 2009 and practically always demolishes inferior opponents, even on a bad day.

I know most Rafa fans will say they don't care about those loses, that only the wins count, but to me his inconsistency detracts a bit from his legacy. That's one of the reasons why I can't see him as GOAT, even though he leads in H2H against Federer.

#45 ·
Only point 4 is somewhat reasonable, but even then I'm not so sure things would have been much different otherwise. Nadal's injuries forced him to take time off, but in some instances I think this actually helped prolong his career and left him more fresh for other tournaments, especially RG. As we all know, his style of play was always going to mean he probably wouldn't age well.

#49 ·
Excellent parody post :worship: Sadly the delusional Nadal fans will lap it up.

Reactions: your_valentine
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.