Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as he is right about it..I hope he is not bending willingly to the inevitable..:eek:

"Get used to (it)," Nadal said of his recent struggles. "With the years that's the normal thing. Everybody suffers. That's part of the sport."

At 27, Nadal believed his best days were probably behind him.

"At this age, (Bjorn) Borg was doing other things," said Nadal, a 13-time Grand Slam winner. "It's not possible to win for 10 years with easy scores and easy matches. At the same time, I'm sure I can do much better than I am doing."

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Humblito strikes again

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
rafa :hysteric: he looks so depressed all the time lately...

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Fed declined in 2007 because he just sucked. Without easy shit matches, fed would not have had more than 6 slams now. Even Novak and nadal admitted they were awful and absent in 2004-2009, 2012 and 2013.
On the other hand, without djodal, fed would be gifted byes to 150 titles and 40 slams.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
Of course all this PR stunt is orchestrated by uncle Toni.

Remember the "massive" injury in 2012 only to come back and fluke what he did in 2013. Even with all the luck he had if he really had been injured severely he would never have that "comeback".

I got to admit uncle Toni is a genius.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
The pressure that Nadal gets from some tennis fans is laughable. At this age Nadal has proved all what he is, all what he can do and his legacy is ensured as one of the greatests players of this game and the undisputed King of Clay. One can't keep dominating a surface for more than ten years in the way that Nadal did it. Nadal's dominance on clay has been something awesome, out of this world, something that didn't happened in the whole tennis history (Open Era) and I doubt it will happen again or, at least, in my whole life. You can't expect Nadal to keep winning the whole thing year and year, all the things come to an end and people is still puting pressure in Nadal to keep winning as he did when he was on his prime. Of course Nadal is past his prime, he can still peak in certain moments of the season like he did on the summer HC season in 2013, but he can't keep a good level of tennis the whole year. He has more ups and downs and more doubts on his game than before. His stamina these days is very good but not as good as it used to be. Nadal's gamestyle is very demanding in terms of intensity, strenght and rythm. If you no are fully fit and full of energy then you can have some problems. As Nadal said, it is still possible to play way better than how he is doing but it is true that we have to get used to see Nadal having problems even on clay. I wouldn't say that he is declining, he is still a great player in the ATP circuit, but no as dominant as in the past and this is easy to notice. Deal with it and that's all :shrug:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Humbalito, all part of the mind games. Ignore it.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He'll be back in the second week of RG for the reason that some of you, if not all, know.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Winning a GS might just bring him back on track. Being so close to #14 and losing it the way he did is still hurting him deep down i guess.His base level of play has been really shaky. He needs a confidence boost and he needs it fast.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts