Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After withdrawing from Beijing, Rafael Nadal has once again failed to defend a non-clay title(not even a 250). I think this is not good for a supposed GOAT candidate.

Discuss.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
He will get another chance at Montreal 2019 but yeah his chances look lean.Even this year he won with tsitsipas doing all the dirty work for him by eliminating all threats and JMDP withdrew leaving that quarter empty giving him an easier SF.Not to mention Cilics ridiculous choke in the QF

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
yep it looks bad especially as Kei defended Memphis indoors successfully 3 times against very good servers!

but yeah injury sucks. Still I'd rather have his resume than most people, and his clay records speak for themselves :lol:.

·
justice for all
13,139 Posts
yep it looks bad especially as Kei defended Memphis indoors successfully 3 times against very good servers!

but yeah injury sucks. Still I'd rather have his resume than most people, and his clay records speak for themselves :lol:.
Always making every thread about Kei, eh? :laugh2:
Well, others make every thread about No1e, don't they? ;-)

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He will get another chance at Montreal 2019 but yeah his chances look lean.Even this year he won with tsitsipas doing all the dirty work for him by eliminating all threats and JMDP withdrew leaving that quarter empty giving him an easier SF.Not to mention Cilics ridiculous choke in the QF
Forgot about Montreal so he does have another chance.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
if he defends a 250 HC event, people begin to say that he never defended a 500 tournament... so first he should focus to slams.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I really have never seen any significance to this stat whatsoever, especially when evaluating one's career achievements. Winning a title x times in a row is a nice or even amazing achievement, but not doing that and instead winning it a couple of times with a couple years between is just about as good in the end.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts

Yeah, Kei must really be something for def3ending a memphis title, as opposed to USO.

wow

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
This is a really strange thing to focus on, especially since he pulled out due to injury.
It seems like an arbitrary 'stat' to use against someone

You think this impacts his legacy and accomplishments whatsoever?
This is how Nadal bashers get their life blood. They have nothing else to say, to focus on.
It's just pure nastiness, and irrelevant.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
And what titles did Fed defend this year, besides AO? He failed to defend Halle, Wimb, Iw and Miami!!!! Wow.

Not being injured.

Do you see threads like this? No. Only obnoxious Nadal bashing thread from the same old boring suspects with nothing else to say about tennis.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And what titles did Fed defend this year, besides AO? He failed to defend Halle, Wimb, Iw and Miami!!!! Wow.

Not being injured.

Do you see threads like this? No. Only obnoxious Nadal bashing thread from the same old boring suspects with nothing else to say about tennis.
You do realise that Nadal has never defended a non-clay title in his entire career right? Federer, Djokovic and all the other ATGs have.

Not bashing, simply pointing out the facts. You don't need to get so triggered by it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts