Votes: 17 58.6%
  • The spring weather rejuvenates the body

Votes: 4 13.8%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well considering all his injuries and what not.. one finds it extremly lucky that he finds himself always HEALTHY for End of May come RG, always! and not only that, all his previous injuries have healed to the extent where he is in Grand Slam winning form.

Is it the power of love for Clay? he wants to play so bad on his favourite surface that his mind can heal his body.

Discuss.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
"Is it the power of love for Clay? he wants to play so bad on his favourite surface that his mind can heal his body."

Definitely the "power of love for clay"...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing bugs me is that Nadal said "Djokovic is lucky with injuries".. yet he is the one that has managed to attend every RG since early 2000s in GRAND SLAM WINNING FORM. THATS LUCK, Djokovic training and taking care of his body is YOGA, not luck.

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
Well considering all his injuries and what not.. one finds it extremly lucky that he finds himself always HEALTHY for End of May come RG, always! and not only that, all his previous injuries have healed to the extent where he is in Grand Slam winning form.

Your are wrong. He had to skip RG in 2004 because of injury.

Next thread please!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
One thing bugs me is that Nadal said "Djokovic is lucky with injuries".. yet he is the one that has managed to attend every RG since early 2000s in GRAND SLAM WINNING FORM. THATS LUCK, Djokovic training and taking care of his body is YOGA, not luck.
Part of what you said is true. But he has missed several GS in the last few years.

And has been injured during a few others. AO14, AO10, AO 11.

While Federer never missed a slam. Thats not saying hes never had some bumps and bruises during that streak. But everyone does. But not Skiping it.

As for Nole, he use to have health problems. Now he doesnt.

The thing about Rafa and you guys should now this by now is he gets prepared to peak on clay. Every year.

While Nole and Fed start the year in form Rafa doesnt. If he did he would be in terible shape by RG time.
And that is one thing that im almost sure of that happened in 09. He won AO09 because he wanted to win. He was in grate shape and form, by RG time he lost to Soderling ( i still say he was injured thus skiping Wimby09 also)

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
Because he sets his schedule to peak at RG it is luck?

Besides, he has played RG with injury many times

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Part of what you said is true. But he has missed several GS in the last few years.

And has been injured during a few others. AO14, AO10, AO 11.

While Federer never missed a slam. Thats not saying hes never had some bumps and bruises during that streak. But everyone does. But not Skiping it.

As for Nole, he use to have health problems. Now he doesnt.

The thing about Rafa and you guys should now this by now is he gets prepared to peak on clay. Every year.

While Nole and Fed start the year in form Rafa doesnt. If he did he would be in terible shape by RG time.
And that is one thing that im almost sure of that happened in 09. He won AO09 because he wanted to win. He was in grate shape and form, by RG time he lost to Soderling ( i still say he was injured thus skiping Wimby09 also)
Thats bullocks, how does one prepare to peak? if one could do that.. prepare to peak :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Is it the power of love for Clay? he wants to play so bad on his favourite surface that his mind can heal his body.

Discuss.
Bingo... you solved it :D Rafa is extremely injured. But the injury is kept in check as long as he is winning. Once he loses a match, the injury flares up again.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
2004 and 2009 say hi. Besides, clay is easier on the body and he sets his schedule to peak for RG, not to mention he can beat players there even when he's struggling physically. Meanwhile has Djokovic EVER missed a Slam due to injury? Because that's incredible luck.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Nadal has doctor or psychiatrist who works in miraculous and magical way to help nadal recover mentally or physically from whatever ailment he has suffered just in time for clay season/RG.
I keep saying this, and I'm sure years from now, when Nadal publishes his tell-all autobiography, I will be proven correct.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2004 and 2009 say hi. Besides, clay is easier on the body and he sets his schedule to peak for RG, not to mention he can beat players there even when he's struggling physically. Meanwhile has Djokovic EVER missed a Slam due to injury? Because that's incredible luck.
2009 RG :facepalm: he gave hewitt 2 breadsticks match before, and lost to the eventual finalist.
Injury, come on..

Lucky that he got a resistant body? a non destructible body? if one would to imply that one could say Federer is lucky to be born talented..

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
One can not win Grand slam with an injury, only if Nadal can prove he is somewhat blood related to God.
2003 he missed RG due to falling onto the wrist after jumping over the net
2004 he missed RG with that ankle suffered in the Gasquet match in Estoril
2009 he was clearly hurt
2012 he played with pain killing injections

Couple of other years also but I can't recall exactly which ones off the top of my head

Cilic won USO w/ a shoulder injury just last year

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
2009 RG :facepalm: he gave hewitt 2 breadsticks match before, and lost to the eventual finalist.
Injury, come on..

Lucky that he got a resistant body? a non destructible body? if one would to imply that one could say Federer is lucky to be born talented..
You don't think even a 50% Nadal can easily beat an Old Hewitt on clay? :lol:

Yes, that is luck, but even for those born with genetic gifts professional tennis takes its toll on everybody at times, even for Nole occasionally, just never at Slams.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2003 he missed RG due to falling onto the wrist after jumping over the net
2004 he missed RG with that ankle suffered in the Gasquet match in Estoril
2009 he was clearly hurt
2012 he played with pain killing injections

Couple of other years also but I can't recall exactly which ones off the top of my head

Cilic won USO w/ a shoulder injury just last year
2003-2004 are so unrelevant, as he didnt even make it past R3 on any GS..

"Cilic won USO w/ a shoulder injury just last year"How about, no you are wrong?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just look at Del Potro, poor guy cant comeback having just ONE, of those many injuries that Nadal already had.
Nadals body sure can recover beyond the human body norm.

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
Just look at Del Potro, poor guy cant comeback having just ONE, of those many injuries that Nadal already had.
Nadals body sure can recover beyond the human body norm.

And what is your problem? Then be happy for Nadal that he didn't have to skip as many tourneys as other injured players.

My guess is that you WANT to see Nadal injured and skip tournaments so that other players (=your faves) can win more. Yeah that is a very fair and mature approach to the situation :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts