6-4 7-6 6-1

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Another round, another victim. Rafa in straights

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hopefully the match will be as interesting as the first 2 sets they had at Wimbledon

·
Registered
889 Posts
Easy. Again. It will be easy for Nadal until the semi's where he might lose a set to Del Potro.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can some one add a poll to this tread.
Sorry I forgot to do it.
Delete this tread if you have too.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Rafa will win in straight sets. Too slow HC, also Muller´s serve isn´t such great at all - he is lefty so his major weapon won´t be as effective, because Rafa is lefty too and also his serve isn´t fast enough, i mean he is hitting many aces and his serve looks great, but isn´t such great after all, not fast enough- i mean how often did Muller hit 130mph bombs? and also against another lefty noch so usfefull. Rafa will eat him alive.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
gilles definately did a good job to take advantage of the draw that he was given, it really opened up for him early on

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Easy. Again. It will be easy for Nadal until the semi's where he might lose a set to Del Potro.
Del Potro? Del Potro isn't getting past Murray and even if he did, he'd destroy Nadal. The player who might lose a set there would be Del Potro. Same with Andy, he'd easily beat Nadal atm. In fact, Nadal better hope that Murray beats Del Potro. At least Murray's style of tennis won't completely obliterate him.

Hopefully, Muller puts an end to the farce that is Nadal's tennis.

·
Registered
14,666 Posts
Nadal in 3.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
muller is toast but clearly nadal is far from his top tennis.

he can make a big production out of any bloody match these days.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Del Potro? Del Potro isn't getting past Murray and even if he did, he'd destroy Nadal. The player who might lose a set there would be Del Potro. Same with Andy, he'd easily beat Nadal atm. In fact, Nadal better hope that Murray beats Del Potro. At least Murray's style of tennis won't completely obliterate him.

Murray got crushed by Haase, and if Robin wasn't such a choker Murray would be gone already, yet Andy will 'easily beat' and 'not completely' obliterate Rafa... and I'm not even going to get started on your Del Potro statement.

Ferrer and Roddick have a better shot than those two combined

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Murray got crushed by Haase, and if Robin wasn't such a choker Murray would be gone already, yet Andy will 'easily beat' and 'not completely' obliterate Rafa... and I'm not even going to get started on your Del Potro statement.

Ferrer and Roddick Muller have a better shot than those two combined
Slight correction. Otherwise, I fully agree. ;)

·
Banned
40 Posts

You really don't have any knowledge of the game or your surroundings do you?

Del Potro is on a comeback trail and with the Us Open courts and the fact that he has won a slam, this one in fact, the pressure will be off. Murray, psh Murray should have been thrashed by that brainless ball basher Haase. Every year, EVERY YEAR Murray is beaten thoroughly at the Open by someone who can hit him off the court and exposes his counterpuncher style much like Wozniacki. If Delpo meets Murray he has a very very very good chance of winning. Murray got taken to five and has looked terrible to say the least. And Delpo would destroy Nadal? I think not sir. The time Delpo beat Nadal here Nadal was unconfident and injured on serve clearly. Delpo would have won regardless but Nadal is in much better form, he has won this tournament, and Delpo is not up to his 2009 USO form yet. They have also played twice already (3 if you count W/O) this year with Nadal winning handily both times.

How would Andy thoroughly beat Nadal. Your vision is so clouded. Do you remember who it was that gave him the SF FO, SF Wimby losses. Hmm? do ya? Nadal thoroughly beat him and outclassed him in both their slam meetings and in Monte Carlo he breadsticked him in third. Murray hasn't showed any sort of form that would make me believe that if he faced Nadal he would win. Nadal better hope? Murray better hope Nadal gets injured and he plays David Ferrer again. Even that wouldn't be a win for sure. Ferrer had him in Aussie and then let him go realizing the occasion. Had Nadal played Murray in the semis he would have kicked the shit out of him much like Djokovic did in the final. The Australian Open final would have been much better off with Djokovic def Ferrer. Because Ferrer would have tried.

And Muller, no Muller is a great player, great server I just don't believe he has it in him to beat Nadal in 3/5 sets. 2005 Wimbledon Nadal has a much different player. I mean he took Rafa close at Wimby this year no doubt bout that. But Nadal held strong when it counted and straight setted him 7-6 7-6 6-0.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I think Muller has to be the favourite here based on his dismissal of Kunitsyn. Nadal just doesn't have the court coverage or power from the baseline to defeat someone the calibre of Gilles. Therefore, I think Muller will probably win in 3 easy sets although Nadal might get lucky and force a tie-break in one of them.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Has Rafa faced any really difficult opponent on his way to the QFs? Golubev only just relieved of a massive losing streak choked about 25 times, Mahut who retired after the first two sets, Nalby is in the twilight of his career and more interested in the buffet dinner in the players lounge, now Muller?

I expect him to lose to the first very decent player he faces :eek:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts