Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we now know most of Nadals success was dude to his and Uncle Toni's draw rigging, I think this might be the final blow to his career. Having to take on tougher players early in tournaments along with his decline to below top 100 level this may be the end.

Discuss.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Na dull in free fall. :haha:

...though I still want Stan to win.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Hopefully he meets Rog like 10 times ghis year so the h2h can be fixed

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Listen nothing matters. He has records that will stand for Alltime. 9 FRENCH OPENS. And at least one slam a year for 10 consecutive years.

Forget it. What will happen when he Federer and Djokovic are gone is a disjointed era where no players really dominate.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Since we now know most of Nadals success was dude to his and Uncle Toni's draw rigging, I think this might be the final blow to his career. Having to take on tougher players early in tournaments along with his decline to below top 100 level this may be the end.
Yep, would be great, Clayray win and Tsonga finalist.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yep, would be great, Clayray win and Tsonga finalist.
:haha:
"Lord of the Australian open"
Nice signature. Try to hide your desperation for no one to come close to Federer a little better.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Theres only one final Djokervic Wawrinka. Tsonga wont have enough against Wawrinka. And Mugray will have a meltdown against Djokervic.

But I have a feeling Wawrinka is going to cause an upset in the Final. And I will be betting as such...

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
All honest tennis fans will be rooting for Jo to make it to the final!

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Nice signature. Try to hide your desperation for no one to come close to Federer a little better.
I actually like Muezza. :shrug:

Now that Dull is out, nothing would amuse me more than Muezza taking out the Joker. After all the trash talking....

·
23,541 Posts
Na dull in free fall. :haha:

...though I still want Stan to win.
What? You would rather sacrifice Nadal being in the Top 10 in exchange for Stan being in the Final? :speakles: How unselfish of you. ;) I thought you are actually going to go all the way against Nadal. :lol:

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
What? You would rather sacrifice Nadal being in the Top 10 in exchange for Stan being in the Final? :speakles: How unselfish of you. ;) I thought you are actually going to go all the way against Nadal. :lol:
Anti-Dull Alliance in ruins in free fall.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
I believe that Nadull will make one last return into the top 4 in 2016, but then fall out of the top 10 forever. It's inevitable, but yes - I want Stan in that final.

If Nadull doesn't fluke slams and M1000s, then I don't care if he's in the top 5. :angel:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I actually like Muezza. :shrug:

Now that Dull is out, nothing would amuse me more than Muezza taking out the Joker. After all the trash talking....
Fair enough, but calling Federer Lord of the AO is like calling Djokovic the King of the WTF. Fed fans who care about Fed's status owe everything to Djokovic.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Listen nothing matters. He has records that will stand for Alltime. 9 FRENCH OPENS. And at least one slam a year for 10 consecutive years.

Forget it. What will happen when he Federer and Djokovic are gone is a disjointed era where no players really dominate.
You can't post something reasonable on MTF! Away with you!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
And I would like to dedicate this thread to Matt01, who badrepped me when I criticized Nadal for the Bernardes affair

You are a good poster and I took your advice to heart. More changes to come.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Fair enough, but calling Federer Lord of the AO is like calling Djokovic the King of the WTF. Fed fans who care about Fed's status owe everything to Djokovic.
Fed has more AO match wins than the Joker. Nole, might get there. We shall see.

Why don't I have Fed as Lord of the USO if slam titles are all that matters?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Fed has more AO match wins than the Joker. Nole, might get there. We shall see.

Why don't I have Fed as Lord of the USO if slam titles are all that matters?
:shrug:
Because other players have more match wins at USO? Other players have more match wins at Wimbledon, too.

So is it an arbitrary mix of titles and matches won (which skews towards longer career instead of concentrated achievements) that makes Federer look better?

Hmm yes that seems par for the course.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
:shrug:
Because other players have more match wins at USO? Other players have more match wins at Wimbledon, too.

So is it an arbitrary mix of titles and matches won (which skews towards longer career instead of concentrated achievements) that makes Federer look better?

Hmm yes that seems par for the course.
He could be referring to this:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=214571

Federer has taken most ranking points i AO and W, but not USO.

Djokovic ofc has an excellent chance of getting to 1st in the AO for this stat in a couple of years time.

If he gets the CYGS as people are talking about he'll even get to 3rd overall this year, behind Fed and Nadal.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Federer has taken most ranking points i AO and W, but not USO.
Yep, I think that's a pretty fair way to make the comparison. It rewards longevity AND performance.

Also, number 2 there is Connors. ;)

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
I had the sig as, "Lord of the AO" when he surpassed Edberg. I thought about changing it but decided it wasn't yet the time. We'll see. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts