Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
Only hope is a repeat of the AO 12 final, otherwise I wouldn't trust Next gen to change a light bulb.
I like your sarcasm, it gets me almost every time. :giggle:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Tomorrow is much bigger than a final. Undisputed GOAT is on the line in Djoker's case. 16 more victories required and Olympic singles gold. The denialism on this thread is outrageous. If Rafa loses tomorrow he is done and Djoker has a great shot at CYGS and double CGS. There is no way he loses finals with that on the line. Just like AO he will find a way! The one massive obstacle is the Spanish bull.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Tsitsipas would have a real shot in the final against either.

Zverev....ehh, idk. He shit his pants against a very subpar Thiem with no crowd, hard to see how he'd hold up better here.
Just because he let his nerves get the better of him in his first slam final doesn't mean he has to do the same in every subsequent one. Besides, it's not as if he was a bundle of nerves for the whole match. On the contrary, he seemed more composed than Thiem and played superbly, for the 1st 2 sets.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tomorrow is much bigger than a final. Undisputed GOAT is on the line in Djoker's case. 16 more victories required and Olympic singles gold. The denialism on this thread is outrageous. If Rafa loses tomorrow he is done and Djoker has a great shot at CYGS and double CGS. There is no way he loses finals with that on the line. Just like AO he will find a way! The one massive obstacle is the Spanish bull.
Disagree, Tsitsipas is the biggest obstacle:
-RG 2009 - R16 - Soderling def Nadal - Federer wins FO
-RG 2015 (+6) - QF (+1) - Djokovic def Nadal - Wawrinka wins FO
-RG 2021 (+6) - SF (+1) - Djokovic def Nadal - ?

My math cannot fail, tomorrow Djokovic will win against Nadal but he is not winning 2021 RG. You can't argue against math.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
No shit, it's the semifinal

Reactions: Eliande

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Nadal is near unbeatable here lol and only two who can realistically live with him on Bo5 are Djokovic and Zverev purely because of the 2HBH. Dunno why people favor Tsitsipas at all lol. Over Bo5 with the increased space behind the court at PC Nadal will abuse tf out of his backhand and return from the stands. No beating Nadal unless he shows 2015 level

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes I agree, but this is not a 2013 situation with Ferrer in the finals and you knew it was over already, this year has intrigue especially if Tsitsipas wins
Agree with this. Nadal is very likely to win, but it’s not a 100% guarantee like when it’s Ferrer or Kevin Anderson in the final. It’ll be worth watching.

·
Registered
21,492 Posts
Obviously Tsitsipas and even Zverev to a lesser degree can do damage...

So no, its not the real final.

I‘d favor Tsitsipas against Djokovic, especially since it would likely mean Djokovic would have been through a grueling 5-setter.

·
29,664 Posts
The only way it isn't, let's be honest, is if Djokovic advances after a 5+ hour bone crusher and Tsitsi/Zverev are plenty fresh. Nadal even after a marathon ain't losing an RG final folks

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
After writing my previous post, something else occurred to me: if it feels the real final it's because so much more is on the line when nadal meets Djok because for Nadal a shot at the biggest record in all of tennis, 21 GSs, if he progresses; for Djok if he progresses a shot at the CDGS, another huge record. So they both have huge motivation to win and they are facing each other.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Agree with this. Nadal is very likely to win, but it’s not a 100% guarantee like when it’s Ferrer or Kevin Anderson in the final. It’ll be worth watching.
Only thing worse than watching a Ferrer or KAndy in finals vs the top elite is a KAndy vs Ferrer final.

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
Tsitsipas was the best player in the tournament up to now, so no, this is not the real final.
That's like Medvedev seemed to be the best player in 2021 AO up until the semis... then the final happened and he was stunned.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Yes, it is. I don't see either of these guys getting pass each other just to lose to Zverev or Tsitsipas.

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
We all read it in the media and here in the forum. There are several who think Nadal-Djokovic is like the final and the winner of this match will win the tournament.
It was the real FINAL. Absolutely love it! :love::love:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts