Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday's interview. I'm a little surprised that Rafa said something like this but I guess he knows the best as someone who also played Fed at his peak. :wavey:

LONDON, Nov 19 (Reuters)

Djokovic, despite his shoulder problems, will be the man to beat in London, having won three of the years four grand slams and the Masters Series events in Canada, Rome, Madrid, Indian Wells and Miami. But Nadal says he is not desperate to re-assert his authority over the Serb who until this year he had beaten in 16 of their 23 matches.

“It’s probably the highest level of tennis that I ever saw,” Nadal said of Djokovic who has beaten him in six finals this year on three different surfaces.

“But I’m not working every day thinking about Novak. I’m working and thinking about what I need to do to keep improving, to be a better player. That’s what I’ve done all my career and what I want to keep doing.

“Novak had an unbelievable season. What he did is very difficult to repeat. His level of tennis was very, very high. He beat me and he was playing better than me. That’s why he was able to win almost every match during the season.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=reu-finalsnadal

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
It's not a surprise Nadal would say something like that. After all, Olderer is his pigeon.

·
Registered
29,418 Posts
And let the hating commence.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I agree Nole's run in 2011 was wonderful, but now he will have all those points to defend in 2012. And the question will be how many of them can he defend?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I agree Nole's run in 2011 was wonderful, but now he will have all those points to defend in 2012. And the question will be how many of them can he defend?
All he needs to do is to be the best player points wise next year and he will stay number 1 ....I recon he can defend AO,Dubai IW or Miami,Madrid or Rome,Nole Open,RG SF ,Wimbledon SF at least ,Montreal,US Open

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
All he needs to do is to be the best player points wise next year and he will stay number 1 ....I recon he can defend AO,Dubai IW or Miami,Madrid or Rome,Nole Open,RG SF ,Wimbledon SF at least ,Montreal,US Open
its gonna be hard to defend your titles after you had an amazing year before, but if he can do it by all means he had achieve the greatest thing since years ago, look at what fed did in the last decade

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Not really a surprise. Nadull feels guilty about the silverware he has racked up as a result of the slow courts so by sticking up for another guy who would be nothing without the all year clay it makes him feel better about his own 'success'. Clown.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Title should be:
Nadal: Djokovic in 2011 is the highest level of tennis that I ever saw played against myself ;)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Uncle Toni's mind games directed at Federer and Novak.

Rafa made comments around USO how hard it will be for Novak to ever repeat this season.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I guess getting beaten six times in a row has left an impression on him.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Well who is he supposed to say? The "other swiss guy's" level is the highest? The one he has owned since he was what 12 years old in the h2h?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Not really a surprise. Nadull feels guilty about the silverware he has racked up as a result of the slow courts so by sticking up for another guy who would be nothing without the all year clay it makes him feel better about his own 'success'. Clown.
:lol: Hilarious.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Nadal always expresses his honest opinions and never fails to pay respect where it's due.That is why he is a great champion :worship:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Whatever, in other words he just want to remind us how difficult it is to beat him :lol: you got your ass owned solely cause your moonballs are useless against Djokovic 2 handed BH.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
It's not a surprise Nadal would say something like that. After all, Olderer is his pigeon.
I understand you beg to differ...Or all Rafa fans are mere clones of the Spaniard?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
anyway, naming somebody's game the highest level of all time has a big subjective side... Maybe Djokovic feeels Fed's game, when on, is the best, and maybe Fed should feel (but he will never admit it, cause he is too proud) that Rafa's game is the best, when on...

So let's not establish absolute values here, 'cause it's not the case. Is a game of matchups and I am sure Rafa knows it, too...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts