Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about how you predict the career end results for Nadal and Djokovic?

Here are my predictions. They are based on 3 assumptions:

A. Nadal's decline the last 12 months is irreversible and there will be no 2013 comeback year.
B. Djokovic will be able to maintain his current level for 3 more years.
C. BabyFed will take longer to mature and erase the Baby from his nickname than expected by many experts and will not be able to become No 1 and dominate Grand Slams the next 3 years.

Nadal versus Djokovic:

1. Head-to-Head: Winner Djokovic. Assuming they will meet 10 more times Djokovic will win 8. Djokovic 29-25.
2. Number of GS: Draw. I believe Nadal will have one more RG win and that Djokovic will win 6 more slams. 15-15.
3. ATP World Tour Championship. Winner Djokovic. Djokovic will win 2 more and Nadal will never win an indoor tournament again (he has won only one in his entire career). Djokovic 6-0.
4. ATP Master 1000s. Winner Djokovic. Nadal will win 2 more on clay and Novak will win 9 more. Djokovic 33-29.
5. Calender GS: 0-0. None of them will achieve this.
6. Career Grand Slam. 1:1. Djokovic will win RG.
7. Olympic Gold: Winner Nadal 1:0. None of them will win in Rio.
8. Total number of tournaments won. Winner Djokovic. The current standing is 66-54 and with Djokovic's current dominance he will be able to catch up 12 tournament wins.
9. Weeks at No. 1. Winner Djokovic. Nadal will never again be No. 1.
10. Year end No. 1: Winner Djokovic. Same as above.

If these predictions hold - and off course is it an if - Djokovic will pass Nadal on the All-time Greats list in tennis history.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I am curious about how you predict the career end results for Nadal and Djokovic?

A. Nadal's decline the last 12 months is irreversible and there will be no 2013 comeback year.
C. BabyFed will take longer to mature and erase the Baby from his nickname than expected by many experts and will not be able to become No 1 and dominate Grand Slams the next 3 years.

Nadal versus Djokovic:

1. Head-to-Head: Winner Djokovic. Assuming they will meet 10 more times Djokovic will win 8. Djokovic 29-25.
2. Number of GS: Draw. I believe Nadal will have one more RG win and that Djokovic will win 6 more slams. 15-15.
3. ATP World Tour Championship. Winner Djokovic. Djokovic will win 2 more and Nadal will never win an indoor tournament again (he has won only one in his entire career). Djokovic 6-0.
4. ATP Master 1000s. Winner Djokovic. Nadal will win 2 more on clay and Novak will win 9 more. Djokovic 33-29.
8. Total number of tournaments won. Winner Djokovic. The current standing is 66-54 and with Djokovic's current dominance he will be able to catch up 12 tournament wins.

If these predictions hold - and off course is it an if - Djokovic will pass Nadal on the All-time Greats list in tennis history.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts

Nadal versus Djokovic:

:superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
:lol

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Nadal 14 slams
Djokovic 12 slams

Djokovic around 250 weeks at 1.
Nadal as much as he has now

Djokovic 6 World Tour Finals
Nadal 0

Nadal 2 more M1000
Djokovic 8 more

Djokovic between 65-70 tournament wins
Nadal between 70-75

Djokovic will win the career grand slam and Cincinatti but not the Olympics. None will win the Calendar Slam and as previously stated, Nadal won't win WTF.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
This is going to be a great thread to bump in the future. The disrespect towards Nadal and the overrating of Djokovic are simply ridiculous. But it's okay, it will make Nadal's upcoming success even more sweet.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is going to be a great thread to bump in the future. The disrespect towards Nadal and the overrating of Djokovic are simply ridiculous. But it's okay, it will make Nadal's upcoming success even more sweet.
Let us hear your predictions then if you think we are ridiculous? What do you predict?

·
Registered
562 Posts
My predictions (some of them are same as yours):

2. Number of GS: Winner: Nadal, by a slight margin. Nadal will win one more, and Novak will win 4 more. 15-13.
3. ATP World Tour Championship. Winner Djokovic. Djokovic will win 1 or 2 more. Djokovic 6-0.
4. ATP Master 1000s. Draw. Nadal will win 4 more (if he plays well again, otherwise 0) and Novak will win 7 more. Djokovic 31-31.

I think with these results, even if Novak stays behind in the slam count from Nadal by a couple slams, I would rate Novak as higher than Nadal, since Nadal's achievements are mostly from one surface. Novak's achievements are more consistent on surfaces. Secondly Novak will have a winning record. Thirdly Nadal's health mental/physical issues which keep coming up so his results keep going up and down. Novak is more reliable and consistent (since 2011). Look at rafa's poor record in wimbledon in the last 3-4 years. Does not suit a great player.

Novak's streak of 25 consecutive Grand Slam QF -- which is still going on -- cannot be underrated. It is a superhuman achievement, only surpassed by Federer. This is another feature in the hat for Novak over Nadal.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
My predictions (some of them are same as yours):

2. Number of GS: Winner: Nadal, by a slight margin. Nadal will win one more, and Novak will win 4 more. 15-13.
3. ATP World Tour Championship. Winner Djokovic. Djokovic will win 1 or 2 more. Djokovic 6-0.
4. ATP Master 1000s. Draw. Nadal will win 4 more (if he plays well again, otherwise 0) and Novak will win 7 more. Djokovic 31-31.

I think with these results, even if Novak stays behind in the slam count from Nadal by a couple slams, I would rate Novak as higher than Nadal, since Nadal's achievements are mostly from one surface. Novak's achievements are more consistent on surfaces. Secondly Novak will have a winning record. Thirdly Nadal's health mental/physical issues which keep coming up so his results keep going up and down. Novak is more reliable and consistent (since 2011). Look at rafa's poor record in wimbledon in the last 3-4 years. Does not suit a great player.

Novak's streak of 25 consecutive Grand Slam QF -- which is still going on -- cannot be underrated. It is a superhuman achievement, only surpassed by Federer. This is another feature in the hat for Novak over Nadal.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Djokovic: 0 French Open Titles. But problem cannot be found? :wavey:

Nadal still has more slams outside FO than Nole has outside AO :sport:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I think a 50% Nadal will try to avoid the top players much.

He will preserve the H2H to play into their minds.

How long he has not meet Federer? Its almost 2 years.

Only meeting against Murray and Djokovic was on clay this year.

So yeah he will end with winning H2H against every top player.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Pointless thread, I can only predict one thing and that is this thread turning into a fantard war, I'm sure someone will bring up Federer shortly which is sure to add spice.

·
Registered
562 Posts
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Djokovic: 0 French Open Titles. But problem cannot be found? :wavey:

Nadal still has more slams outside FO than Nole has outside AO :sport:
zzzyyy, you fail to realize that those comments were not for today. Today Rafa is obviously better. Those comments assume predictions mentioned in the points turn out to be true.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I think a 50% Nadal will try to avoid the top players much.

He will preserve the H2H to play into their minds.

How long he has not meet Federer? Its almost 2 years.

Only meeting against Murray and Djokovic was on clay this year.

So yeah he will end with winning H2H against every top player.
I could see this happening, Nadal really wants to keep his precious H2H with the top guys. Last time he met Novak outside of clay was in Miami 2014.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Slams 15-13 to Nadal
WTF 5-0 to Djokovic
Masters 32-30 to Djokovic
Olympics Gold-Bronze to Nadal
Titles 76-72 to Djokovic
YE#1 5-3 to Djokovic
Weeks at #1 250-141 to Djokovic
H2H 27-24 to Djokovic

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think FO 2014 was the end of Rafa's career. Head to head will depend on Rafa's results at the US hardcourt series where he will have to work his way up to a rank where he will BE ABLE to work his way up through to Djokovic. If he keeps slipping, he could land anywhere.

If this becomes a :spit: quoted post in 2016 or later, let me just preemptively say I was kidding. If it doesn't, dead serious.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I think FO 2014 was the end of Rafa's career. Head to head will depend on Rafa's results at the US hardcourt series where he will have to work his way up to a rank where he will BE ABLE to work his way up through to Djokovic. If he keeps slipping, he could land anywhere.

He can't land just anywhere in slams, because since 2008 he was never in Djokovic half at AO/USO/Wimb. and is almost always toegether with Djokovic at RG when they were not no.1 & 2.

A nice way to protect your H2H and points loss against the main rivals, as from 2008-2011 when he was always on the other side from Djokovic and peak Federer at eight consecutive HC slams, no, or from 2012-today when he is always in Olderer's half opposite to Djokovic&Stanimal at AO/USO, no.

He can be no.10 and still get the easiest quarter in Wimbledon, regretfully, to no avail, again.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Novak will definitely win more masters than 7. Only half year has passed and he already won 4. Can't see why you people chalk off Rio while you write in RG ?
If Nadal comes back (which seems very unlikely right now, but not impossible) Novak will never take RG, let alone surpass Nadal with his achievements.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts