Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both guys played much better than yesterday but Fed was still making UE on important points while Rafa looked much fitter than in his match against Ferrer..........Overall a good match,good practice .....We'll know more in Doha

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he tanked ..he had a ROLEX on...but I love how Nadal said yesterday that he wasnt ready to beat Ferrer,Federer or Djokovic......LOL

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Rafa's tactic paid off - he lost agains Ferrer, so that he wouldn't lose against Novak for the 100th time this year but instead got his revenge for the loss in London against Roger :worship:

j/k ;)

Hope for the Fedal fans that they got at least some slashy pictures :angel:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
OMG Fed lost third place match! He will probably retire after this great disappointment...

Speaking seriously, his forehand was erratic today...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's scary how Rafa just owns Federer on any court outside indoors ........I mean Fed is a much better hardcourt player yet Nadal is under control in every point

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Good match really. Federer played much better today than against Djokovic. Playing this level, he would have likely beat guys like Monfils, Tsonga or even Ferrer (given how RF's game gives a ton of trouble to the Spaniard), but it wasnt going to cut against the likes of Novak and Rafa, and I am betting Roger knew that but wasnt going to go out of his way and try too hard.

As always, when Roger and Rafa play average, Rafa wins. Inspite, it was a good match from both. Not too taxing for either, some very entertaining points in the second set. Good win for Nadal but beating Federer doesnt mean a hell lot anymore to Rafa, his game has never troubled him. But some nice shots off the BH for him, that must be a relief for him. Federer tried out a lot of new stuff today, unlike Djokovic Rafa game him that chance. Some nice net play, some typically retarded net play too:D And the best bit was that delicious BH slice DTL approach mid second set..good to see him do that. Still very rusty but that will go away after a couple of matches in Doha. As long as he doesnt have any fitness problems (he did look slow, but maybe that had to do with not putting too much effort), all is good for Roger going into AO.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mmmmm, when Rafa is not poisoned he usually beats Feds on hardcourt. That's about what happened today. Expected.
But I liked Nadal's backhand against Ferrer yesterday more than today. He'd better further improve if he wants to have chances against Ferrer, Murray and Joko @ Aussie Open.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Rafa's tactic paid off - he lost agains Ferrer, so that he wouldn't lose against Novak for the 100th time this year but instead got his revenge for the loss in London against Roger :worship:

j/k ;)

Hope for the Fedal fans that they got at least some slashy pictures :angel:
Right.

Maybe Federer’s tactic paid off. He put a lot of money in his pocket for expending little effort.

j/k ;)

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
That was... kinda ugly :eek::help:
Got a bit better in the second set, but still. I watched both Match for Africa exos last year, which were not only exos but each guy won on his home court so it almost seemed like a predetermined result. But the quality of the tennis was much better than this. Ah, well... glad it's over.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I love it when Fed attacks the net, so nice to watch. Why didn't he do it more often here? It's an exho, he should give us something pretty to watch. Un-considerate guy, this Federer.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Real ugly / sloppy match.
Feds still wasn't putting in much effort, but at least the 2nd set got somewhat competitive.

I don't think it's a good indicator of their form, as you could see both guys mistiming because they weren't used to the fast court. Doha could feature some early casualties methinks.

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
Right.

Maybe Federer’s tactic paid off. He put a lot of money in his pocket for expending little effort.

j/k ;)

:rolleyes:
:rolls: hater :nerner:

It was quite ugly, but I am sure Fedal fans got those pics Eden mentioned. :dance:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Olderer :nerner:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Olderer :nerner:
LMAO! What a joke Nadal taking an exho seriously, no?
Federer was wise to tank this and rest himself up for the slams, something Nadal will never win 16 times :nerner:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
LMAO! What a joke Nadal taking an exho seriously, no?
Federer was wise to tank this and rest himself up for the slams, something Nadal will never win 16 times :nerner:
Do you insist the Nadal put more efforts this week against Ferrer and Federer? He hardly moved his famous a$$ out there and only counted on flatter backhand and quick points finish. He had almost no serve hitting @ 180s, no return and no volley.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Do you insist the Nadal put more efforts this week against Ferrer and Federer? He hardly moved his famous a$$ out there and only counted on flatter backhand and quick points finish. He had almost no serve hitting @ 180s, no return and no volley.
I am not insisting anything of that sort and if you read my previous post you wouldnt say this. On second thoughts, may be you will anyway.
I was merely responding to a particular poster who found it funny when his favourite got beaten yesterday because the other guy tried very seriously in a pointless exho:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts