Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fantastic from Raf. Serra played average at best, but Nadal was moving well and just kicking ass. He NEVER wins by this score, not even at RG, this was nice to see

And only 1h34mins :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
First Djokovic, then Feds, now Rafa. Is this the "Battle of Who Can Lose the Fewest Number of Games"? :eek:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Serra was beyond awful.

Rafa served well for most of the match, but threw in some very sloppy service games to get broken twice (utter embarrassment)

I don't think he played that well :shrug: Serra was just AWFUL.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good match from Nadal! :yeah: :D

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
A couple of these matches are reminiscent of...:eek::eek:...the WTA tour.

Excellent win for Rafa...to conserve those wheels. And yes, he is moving EXTREMELY well.

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
I'm not very impressed. Serra was awful and to many short balls from Rafa. The serve was nice tough!
It's good for his confidence and health that it was a short match. Who's next? Koubek?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Serra was beyond awful.

Rafa served well for most of the match, but threw in some very sloppy service games to get broken twice (utter embarrassment)

He won 4 games. I'm sure he's proud of that.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Serra certainly didn't play well at all. He did for a point or two here or there, but mostly it was just awful. Not good considering he's in the top 100, and I think was once ranked in the top 40.

Rafa had some bad miss-hits, but I think that was mostly because it was hard to find any kind of rhythm with the way Serra was playing. Almost impossible. He hit some amazing shots, though, and the serve was much better. I think he played well. Nowhere near his best, of course. But certainly nowhere near bad.

All in all, he needed an easy win and he got one. I just wish it had been his first round match, because I doubt he found much rhythm from this match. But at least he got some more practice time in, because that's basically what that was for majority of the match - Target practice.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I'm not very impressed. Serra was awful and to many short balls from Rafa. The serve was nice tough!
It's good for his confidence and health that it was a short match. Who's next? Koubek?
Yes, Koubek. No, not Koubek. Simon/Schuettler.

I agree Rafa was hitting far too many short balls. When did he stop grunting?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Serra was beyond awful.

That's my impression too. Watched the whole match, Serra was just an embarrassment. Surely didn't play 'average'!

As for Raf... indeed some sloppy moments, but it didn't matter. Serve was pretty good this time - but again, can we really judge on his playing level if there's an utter mug on the other side of the net?

Anyway, CONGRATS Rafa! :yeah:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Nice to see Rafa on the other side of a beatdown:p

·
Your visions will happen
48,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, Koubek.

I agree Rafa was hitting far too many short balls. When did he stop grunting?
its simon/schuettler, then koubek/phm in R4, so all clowns until the QF

Why grunt when you can easily win?

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Not the best performance from Rafa but not bad- and he did get sloppy, but it can be hard to play at your best when your opponent is not giving you much to fight against.

Still- he had some good stuff (and nice stats) and I was happy to see him have a quick match.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
too good Rafa :fiery:

Serra :eek:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
its simon/schuettler, then koubek/phm in R4, so all clowns until the QF
I bet PHM would like his chances playing against those short balls and predictable serves.

I'm hoping he was playing to the level of his opponent. Certainly there was no need to get out of 2nd gear today.

·
Your visions will happen
48,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh Linda, you think PHM has a chance? :hug:

·
Registered
976 Posts
First Djokovic, then Feds, now Rafa. Is this the "Battle of Who Can Lose the Fewest Number of Games"? :eek:
Don't forget Hewitt wants in on that competition :cool:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts