Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Rafa, but credit to Lopez for his performance in the second set.

Does anyone know whether a player has ever reached that number of consecutive claycourt tournament finals?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Congrats to Rafa, but I also have to give props to Feli. At the end of the 1st set I was thinking 'Oh here we go again, LaLo', but oh no. I don't know who that guy was in the 2nd set, being all aggressive and chasing down tennis balls, but I loved him. I don't quite know what has gotten into him, but I hope it sticks around.

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the tournament director they have made a 3 years contract with Nadal. So Rafa can already think about whom to give the cars he will get in the next years ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well done Nadal, pretty standard great performance from him!

Lopez played really well in the second set though and just threw absolutely everything into every single FH. If only he had a backhand to match, he would have done even better!! It's great to see him playing well again and he's had a good week for his confidence. Let's hope he keeps up this level.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
According to the tournament director they have made a 3 years contract with Nadal. So Rafa can already think about whom to give the cars he will get in the next years ;)
I'm guessing LaLo, Juanqui and Lord Charly. :D

Congrats, Rafa! :worship:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Eaaaaaaaaaasy!
Never in doubt! :yeah:

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Yes, as soon as Lopez' serve was over 60% for some longer time in the 2nd set and as soon as he found his forehand better, the match became a much better one.

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:yawn: His matches on clay are so predictable...
I agree that the matches and the outcome are predictable, but have you noticed the reactions of some of the people in the crowd? They shook their heads at some of the shots he came up with and really seemed to have enjoyed it to get to see his performance.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I agree that the matches and the outcome are predictable, but have you noticed the reactions of some of the people in the crowd? They shook their heads at some of the shots he came up with and really seemed to have enjoyed it to get to see his performance.
Nadal is able to play spectacular points and it's the only good aspect of his domination on clay ;) I've got nothing against Nadal, I like him but I'm sad that his advantage over all opponents on clay is so clear :( Only good servers like Berdych or Lopez could win 5 or 6 games in a set against Rafa.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts