Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
50,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Superbly solid from Nadal today, didnt even face a break point

GGL sucked in the 2nd set, but at least Nadal could close today.

Now the real challenge from Moya tomorrow, as his first 3 matches have been cakewalks

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Chennai QF : Nadal - Garcia-Lopez 6:3 6:2

I'm just starting this thread to see how many people will write that Nadal's game has greatly improved and how he'll slice and dice Fit Dave, Joker and this guy from Switzerland who's entered new dimension

·
Registered
770 Posts
Still much better than the first round match for Rafa. Garcia-Lopez is talented and skilled enough to be top 50. Full credit to him, he pushed Rafa.

Rafa needed a match against an opponent like that, IMO. And he still hasn't lost a set. Now he'll face Moya in the Semis.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Re: Chennai QF : Nadal - Garcia-Lopez 6:3 6:2

I'm just starting this thread to see how many people will write that Nadal's game has greatly improved and how he'll slice and dice Fit Dave, Joker and this guy from Switzerland who's entered new dimension
Congratulations. Wonderful contribution to MTF.

GGL disappeared a bit in the second set but the good thing is that Rafa stayed focused and was aggressive enough. Moya won't be easy, I think.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
It was the first time I watch Rafa this year.
Well, good match for him but I think GGL shouldn't have given him so easily and blatantly these two breaks in the second set. Gosh, both of them were at love!
In spite of the result and the breaks Rafa should improve his return of serve further more.
Good luck, Rafa!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Guillermo :awww:

Rafa has been merciless this week!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Come on Rafa, take the title!!!

Reactions: Mimi

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Couldn't watch this match myself, so no comments on either player's assests from me here.

Happy Raf won, congrats, but in all honesty - not much of a surprise to me. :angel:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts