2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts
Nadal :eek:

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Well some top players just don't lose to Volandri :p

:rolls:

Anyway the commentators sounded ready to fall asleep. I hope Rafa raises his level tomorrow because Wawrinka is in great form :scared:.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts

Anyway the commentators sounded ready to fall asleep. I hope Rafa raises his level tomorrow because Wawrinka is in great form :scared:.
Sssssshhhhhh :)

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Yeah, Stan looks good right now. I think we'll see 2nd set Rafa tomorrow. He was still shaking off the rust in the first set.

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,976 Posts
Holy cow- I took a second to answer a pm and I missed the whole second set. :eek:

Nice job Rafa, playing like he was double parked outside the venue. :yeah:

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
I actually think it might.

Easier win than expected given the way Rafa has been playing. Can someone tell me how he played?
I wasn't very impressed with his forehand but that's not a surprise on hardcourt I guess. He was also standing back to return serve as usual. He made quite a few UEs but against Volandri it would have been hard to lose...

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I wasn't very impressed with his forehand but that's not a surprise on hardcourt I guess. He was also standing back to return serve as usual. He made quite a few UEs but against Volandri it would have been hard to lose...
Thanks, I can't say I'm surprised.

The court is painfully slow, I actually don't think it suits him. He'll struggle to hit winners off it, and he can't construct the point like he does on clay.

I'm not expecting much, even with his nice draw.
No way, Stan is going to get back to his old self and spread errors left and right... Too much pressure playing #2... :(
Playing #2 should be no problem for the Swiss #1 ;)

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Love it Rafa

first you get surface changed, then you draw mugs like Volandri in the first round

keep it up :yeah:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts