1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Just in time as the title defense discussion is heating up on MTF

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well it's a tournament which he performs very well probably his best tournament outside clay. If he have deeps runs on this and Washington he probably skips Cincy.

·
Your visions will happen
52,950 Posts
Well it's a tournament which he performs very well probably his best tournament outside clay. If he have deeps runs on this and Washington he probably skips Cincy.
Agreed, this is just an insurance plan

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
So he chose the more physical and irrelevant Washington and Canada over two massive events (Olympics and Wimbledon). On the face of it a nonsensical decision. He isn't getting number one.

Reactions: Zverevdiii

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
So he chose the more physical and irrelevant Washington and Canada over two massive events (Olympics and Wimbledon). On the face of it a nonsensical decision. He isn't getting number one.
Makes sense to me to focus all his efforts in one part of the world instead of travelling across three continents during a pandemic when he already felt worn out from clay season. These are his best events outside clay and he's gunning for a co-record 5th US Open and #21. Wimbledon was never on the cards, and he already has Olympic gold in singles and doubles.

·
justice for all
18,903 Posts
I think it’s a good plan if he wants to maximize his chances for the USO title.

He was never gonna win Wimbledon and Olympic Gold is irrelevant to him as he already has one in the bag.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Makes sense. I was expecting this. Since he cannot expect good results on the fast courts in Cincy. Canada suits him much better.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
(deleted duplicate)

·
Premium Member
26,311 Posts
It may backfire to play 3 weeks in a row, Washington-Toronto-Cincinnati. Nadal never did that in the NA HC season.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Makes sense. I was expecting this. Since he cannot expect good results on the fast courts in Cincy. Canada suits him much better.
Check it up, Roger's cup 2019 was played on the fastest court that year.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Excellent news. I know that everyone talks about the slam race but the masters 1000 race is also interesting and I’m glad that Nadal is playing one of his favourites tournaments.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hoping for some new tactics in GOATdal's game and esp. serve improvement.Those 1000 DFs during clay swing were unnecessary

Reactions: El_Toro

·
Registered
62,568 Posts
So skipping Cincy, I guess, since he's not playing 3 weeks in a row

1 - 20 of 44 Posts