Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if Federer wins it gives him #18 slams and a 4 slam lead over Nadal.
if Djokovic wins it gives Djokovic a good ranking lead and a much better chance at year-ending #1.

bare in mind these scenarios are only if Sunday's final is Federer vs. Djokovic :eek: , because if they both aren't in the final, you won't have to choose between the 2 scenarios.

if you think Nadal will chase down 18 slams anyway, then it's ok if Federer wins, because that helps Nadal in the rankings :yeah:

if you don't think Nadal will chase down 18 slams, then its best that Djokovic wins, so Fed stays on 17 :yeah:

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i personally want Nadal to win his FOURTH year-end #1, so its important that Djokovic doesn't win this, because it really helps Djokovic in the rankings big time :mad:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
As a Nadal fan, Nole winning would be like 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Fed. For so many fucking reason I don't know where to begin.

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts
I think Nadal cares more about slams at this point than #1, so I think he'd prefer Djokovic winning.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it depends if he (or you) thinks #18 slams is reachable anyway.
he'd like the slam record AND a 4th year-end #1 (btw Federer has 5 year-end #1s).

i agree Nadal cares more about slams than rankings, but last year he told a reporter the exact gap between him and Djokovic so he cares :D

or maybe Nadal isn't even thinking about the slam record (because he takes it one slam at a time), and only sees the immediate goal of year-end #1 :p

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Djokovic winning and its not even close.

I am still holding out hope for the Raonic-Dimitrov final :p

·
Registered
904 Posts
Dull would prefer both Nole and Fed losing in the SF above all else. If forced to choose between your options he'd go with Nole. He knows that 6 and 302 are out of the question but fluking to 17 is possible. So anything to restrict Fed to 17 is game for bald.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dull would prefer both Nole and Fed losing in the SF above all else. If forced to choose between your options he'd go with Nole. He knows that 6 and 302 are out of the question but fluking to 17 is possible. So anything to restrict Fed to 17 is game for bald.
but Federer only has 5 year-end #1s, so Nadal can tie that if he gets a 4th year-end #1 this year and a 5th next year.

Nadal can gain decent points next year because his clay season wasn't that dominant, and he must like his chances of winning the AO too :yeah:

·
Registered
821 Posts
if Federer wins it gives him #18 slams and a 4 slam lead over Nadal.
if Djokovic wins it gives Djokovic a good ranking lead and a much better chance at year-ending #1.

bare in mind these scenarios are only if Sunday's final is Federer vs. Djokovic :eek: , because if they both aren't in the final, you won't have to choose between the 2 scenarios.

if you think Nadal will chase down 18 slams anyway, then it's ok if Federer wins, because that helps Nadal in the rankings :yeah:

if you don't think Nadal will chase down 18 slams, then its best that Djokovic wins, so Fed stays on 17 :yeah:
Federer doesn't deserve 18 slams...already weak era and easy draws...and again for this wimbledon he got an easy draw.

Not that Nadal cannot chase 18, but simply federer had too much luck already.
And its enough.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Definitely Nadal would want Federer to beat Nole because he admires and loves Fed so so much. After all, lets not forget how Nadal wept in happines when Fed won RG.*

and likewise with Fed, who roots for Nadal* to win no matter his opponent, who was so devastated that Nadal lost to Kyrgios, that he was inconsolable for hours and hours after hearing the news.

The majors mark, and who holds it between these two me- no, not men, rather SAINTS, (yes, I say that they are greater than man) is completely trivial in comparison to the everlasting bond that exists between them...

(*) denotes propaganda courtesy of Rafael Nadal Ent.
(*) denotes propaganda courtesy of Roger Federer Inc.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
As a Nadal fan, Nole winning would be like 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Fed. For so many fucking reason I don't know where to begin.
+1

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Djokovic winning and its not even close.
:p
Quit saying that. You jinxed Djokoking for FO, then said he's a lock for USO right after he lost. Are you some kind of Shaman down there? :scared:

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
of course choose nole to win, 17 slams is almost unreachable, let alone 18 ;)

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
17 feels VERY reachable because its like 1....2.....3 away :yeah:

its hard to tell what Nadal's limit is because if you can't beat him at the French Open, he won't stop winning slams :tennis: , and his last 2 hardcourt slams were extremely good :D

and Nadal won most of his matches with ease at this year's French Open, so if Djokovic can't stop him, nobody can :dog:

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
17 feels VERY reachable because its like 1....2.....3 away :yeah:

its hard to tell what Nadal's limit is because if you can't beat him at the French Open, he won't stop winning slams :tennis:

and Nadal won most of his matches with ease at this year's French Open, so if Djokovic can't stop him, nobody can :dog:
very easy? he is not 18 but 28 :lol:

you look so much alike of Blueclay :secret:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts