Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lematin.ch/fr/sport/tenn...e-rafael-nadal-est-bientot-terminee_12-122166

Here's a rough translation:

Former international referee and friend of the Spaniard, the man from
Lausanne, Milan Sterba, is worried

While Roger Federer is wavering on the world no.1 throne, his heir is
also in bad shape. Even worse, according to Milan Sterba, the world no.
2 will soon be forced to hang up his racquets, at the age of 22. The
fault of a persistent injury on the left ankle (?), a healf-hearted
attitude as well as some questionable choices. 'Rafa has been
suffering for more than 2 years,' says the former Czech-turned Swiss,
'he has no way to cure it.'

A pessimist, Milan Sterba predicts that at the end of this year,
Nadal's career will be finished.

Say it aint so Rafito, I couldn't stand it just to be Djoker at #2.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Behind the mark, this has already been discussed.

No, his career is not over.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But his foot has been hurting badly for 2 years now.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
He is done. Rafa's tennis is solely based on his unbelievable movement and speed. Even he wins 6-0 6-0 he uses a lot of effort, unlike let's say Federer. That's was good about Federer, he was winning it all easily. Djokovic is somewhere in between. He is nowhere near with Federer easy game, but he is far away from Rafa's run, run, run, run, run, run game.
Rafa doesn't have the game for long run. That's all I can say.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
But his foot has been hurting badly for 2 years now.

didnt stop him from the running the tables on the clay circuit last year. also revisit his domination for the 3rd year in a row at Roland Garros. he lost just 1 set there last year.

are you that bored? go to K-mart buy yourself a slinky.

·
124,507 Posts
Hence, it's not news, that he has had problems with the feet.

At the same time, he will be fit for the clay season and still winning titles.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
He is done. Rafa's tennis is solely based on his unbelievable movement and speed. Even he wins 6-0 6-0 he uses a lot of effort, unlike let's say Federer. That's was good about Federer, he was winning it all easily. Djokovic is somewhere in between. He is nowhere near with Federer easy game, but he is far away from Rafa's run, run, run, run, run, run game.

Actually, it looks like DJokovic's legs take just as much a beating as Nadal's. All that sliding and doing splits on hardcourt looks so painful.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clay Death - you're the one posting about Nadal's imminent decline the last week. Hypocrite.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Clay Death - you're the one posting about Nadal's imminent decline the last week. Hypocrite.
its his game that is in decline. nobody ever said that he will done in a few months. that is just ridiculous. his ranking will take a little hit and he will be motivated to produce the appropriate response.

how old are you again? sounds like 13 or 14.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CD - you sound about 17.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
:bigcry::bigcry:

Reactions: A_Skywalker

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Then do u think djokovic has a game for long run? :rolleyes: His game is only based on cheating and faking the tennis world!!!
his results may be better than rafa ATM but his game is nowhere near a top 3 player,that's all i can say now!!:confused::wavey:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Then do u think djokovic has a game for long run? :rolleyes: His game is only based on cheating and faking the tennis world!!!
his results may be better than rafa ATM but his game is nowhere near a top 3 player,that's all i can say now!!:confused::wavey:
Here we go again... The guy who won two titles (biggest one) this year is nowhere near a top 3 player. That's right. He should be number 1 actually. :)

Anyway I don't think that Djokovic has game for long run like Federer, but he is going upwards while Nadal is going in opposite direction. I believe that Nadal still needs to improve, but he is not. On the other hand Djokovic is improving his game on daily basis.

I can't wait for clay season. That season will tell about Djokovic a lot. I want to know if he is better dirt player, than last year. If he is, it is very promising, if he is not it is very discouraging. Time will tell.

·
124,507 Posts

This is the decision from this group.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Here we go again... The guy who won two titles (biggest one) this year is nowhere near a top 3 player. That's right. He should be number 1 actually. :)

Anyway I don't think that Djokovic has game for long run like Federer, but he is going upwards while Nadal is going in opposite direction. I believe that Nadal still needs to improve, but he is not. On the other hand Djokovic is improving his game on daily basis.
So where was djokovic while nadal was going upwards 3 years ago? nadal,you love it or not is still the king of clay and a prodigy in tennis history,we can't call his career over for just 2-3 months of bad results!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
So where was djokovic while nadal was going upwards 3 years ago? nadal,you love it or not is still the king of clay and a prodigy in tennis history,we can't call his career over for just 2-3 months of bad results!
No buddy, it's not 2-3 months, it's about 8 months now. Tell me when Nadal won his last title.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.