Mens Tennis Forums banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Re: Nadal & Borg winning percentage is really overrated │ New Stats 76 & 77 & 113!

If you remove losses due to injury then I assume you remove wins due to injury too?

Finding out exactly who was injured and when will be very difficult, and you'll never get everyone to agree.
These cherry pickers never stop to amaze me. But If Rafa has injury then its the end of the world as we know it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Nadal & Borg winning percentage is really overrated │ New Stats 76 & 77 & 113!

Hi bry17may

Any chance you could update your original post with the figures for 2015?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

Hi bry17may

Any chance you could update your original post with the figures for 2015?

Thanks
Yes, I'm working in my database. There are going to be some important changes, I'm going to add some matches that aren't in the ATP site, most of them are from Davis Cup and some other from larger draws like Manchester? 1974??, RG 1972. If I count all the Davis Cup matches Vilas has like 950 wins :p, and Connors has like 1259/1260 6 more than the usual record.

Everything is going to be updated in the next week I guess

·
Registered
344 Posts

Yes, I'm working in my database. There are going to be some important changes, I'm going to add some matches that aren't in the ATP site, most of them are from Davis Cup and some other from larger draws like Manchester? 1974??, RG 1972. If I count all the Davis Cup matches Vilas has like 950 wins :p, and Connors has like 1259/1260 6 more than the usual record.

Everything is going to be updated in the next week I guess
Hi bry17may,

Could you please update the original post with 2015 data?

Thanks,

-David

·
Registered
17,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #186

A lot of things in the last days but I think I will have enough time the next week to update my numbers and also I will make another stats that I want to add.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

A lot of things in the last days but I think I will have enough time the next week to update my numbers and also I will make another stats that I want to add.
If you don't, I'll bring my puppy eyes on you. Then you'll be sorry!

No pressure.

·
Registered
344 Posts

@bry17may Will you be updating this thread with the 2015 and 2016 figures after the 2016 season is over?

·
Registered
17,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #193

@David T Hume @BlackeyeVuk @Geolith @sutffit

Everything is already updated. By the way I have the same stats for almost 450 players, but really don't know if everyone wants to know that amount of info :p, but maybe I will creat a different thread with all the stats per year adding tournaments, titles, and some other stats.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

And to think that sometimes fans say that players should retire to preserve their winning percentages. It indeed it meaningless. All that matters for a player's greatness are total numbers: titles, match wins, weeks with a certain ranking, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Actually it's a cumulative effect. During the 2004-07, he add an abnormal winning percentage of around 93%. But the cumulative stats also take into account the years before he started dominating, and those years were a bit more than the likes of Borg, who peaked really early.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts

Frauderer exposed yet again

edit: So Frauderer had higher winning percentage in 2012 than at any other point in his career? :spit: Just proves that was peak Fraud in 2012 and no such thing as Olderer.

Very interesting that Federer actually improved in 2012 compared to 2006 and 2007. I always thought he played better in 2012 than before. Now stats prove I am right.
cant believe the low IQ on these guys

181 - 196 of 196 Posts