Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
I knew he would defeat Nadal today, he gave Rafa a hard time on clay and Berdych isnt very good on the dirt so I was expecting the upset. Plus its that time of the month for Berdych
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
i think it's still pre mature to speculate, but it's quite possible in due time, provided berdych also makes a breakthrough like rafa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
coz if not, berdych could be one of those unseeded guys that becomes a nemsis for a certain top player

e.g.
sampras-ferriera
kucera-agassi
berdych - rafa?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oneandonlyhsn said:
I knew he would defeat Nadal today, he gave Rafa a hard time on clay and Berdych isnt very good on the dirt so I was expecting the upset. Plus its that time of the month for Berdych
fair play, Berdych's best results so far have come on clay.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
megadeth said:
coz if not, berdych could be one of those unseeded guys that becomes a nemsis for a certain top player

e.g.
sampras-ferriera
kucera-agassi
berdych - rafa?
the best example is Santoro-Safin

:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,626 Posts
disturb3d said:
Why is Gasquet so hyped? Berdych is twice as talented.
Because Gasquet had the bigger results so far and he was already getting much attention and hype before juniors whereas same can't be said about Berdych in that amount
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,460 Posts
What the heck happened to the Nadal/Gasquet matchups? They have way more history with the juniors and all. And yes Nelly thanks for pointing out the obvious to people who just can't get a grast of things.:sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Berdych is a sweet player... good hands and all.
:wavey: Is that Berdych in your avatar, he look svery different there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Neely said:
Because Gasquet had the bigger results so far and he was already getting much attention and hype before juniors whereas same can't be said about Berdych in that amount
:yeah:

Disturbed, you wanna talk about hyped up? Try Andrew Murray.

Gasquet will give all 85-88 born players some real trouble. Just wait and see.

As for Nadal vs Berdych, nice rivalry there. Still early to call, I wish some of them youngsters started to be more consistent. Nadal exploded, Gasquet has reached Hamburg F and Monte-Carlo SF and won Nottingham, Monfils and Berdych made the finals of Sopot, and Andrew Murray came out of nowhere to conquer the UK. Djokovic is slowly making his way, and he'll mean trouble soon as well. I miss Baghdatis out of them doing well.

Young and Del Potro are material for a couple of years.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lucashg said:
:yeah:

Disturbed, you wanna talk about hyped up? Try Andrew Murray.

Gasquet will give all 85-88 born players some real trouble. Just wait and see.

As for Nadal vs Berdych, nice rivalry there. Still early to call, I wish some of them youngsters started to be more consistent. Nadal exploded, Gasquet has reached Hamburg F and Monte-Carlo SF and won Nottingham, Monfils and Berdych made the finals of Sopot, and Andrew Murray came out of nowhere to conquer the UK. Djokovic is slowly making his way, and he'll mean trouble soon as well. I miss Baghdatis out of them doing well.

Young and Del Potro are material for a couple of years.
Monfils defeated Mayer to win Sopot, not Berdych.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
its.like.that said:
Monfils defeated Mayer to win Sopot, not Berdych.
Oops :eek:
You're right. So, Mayer is another youngster that can really cause some talking, throw him in the mix as well. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,789 Posts
lucashg said:
Oops :eek:
You're right. So, Mayer is another youngster that can really cause some talking, throw him in the mix as well. :p
Nah, Mayer is no good. I saw him in Halle this year. Nothing special. Berdych on the other hand seems to have potential.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top