Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nadal back on practice court.Tio Toni:"1 week before US Open we'll know if he is fit"

World no. 2 Rafael Nadal may have pulled out of the Toronto and Cincinnati Masters but the Spaniard is certainly not resting during his break.

The Spaniard is already hitting on the practice courts event though his right hand is in a cast, which means that he will not be hitting any two-handed backhands. Nadal injured his right wrist during training a few days ago which forced him to pull out of the Masters Series events. Nadal is still on the list for US Open, which begins in four weeks time but he will be fighting a race against time in order to get fit for the year's final major.

Nadal posted the below picture to his official Facebook page with the following message:

"For two weeks I’m changing my watch for this splint"

Toni Nadal said, “He will do an MRI. You must be immobilized three weeks (from the time of injury). This would end on Tuesday or Wednesday before the U.S. Open. Theoretically we can come, but we'll see. I guess a week before and we'll know if the injury is on track. Let's wait until the end. The date is no limit. When we are good we will compete, and if we are not well, we will not compete.”

He said all this during an interview with Spanish website Point Break. He also revealed that Nadal got injured while playing a backhand shot during a practice session. He said that it was a casual shot and not an extraordinary one which brought this sudden injury.

http://www.puntodebreak.com/2014/08/03/toni-nadal-soy-optimista-y-confio-en-jugar-el-us-open

puntodebreak: ¿Qué tratamiento va a seguir a partir de ahora?

Toni Nadal: El que ha dictaminado el doctor (Ángel Ruiz Cotorro). Yo de eso no me ocupo, no me preocupo más de la cuenta. Al final hay una persona que manda y es el doctor, que es el que decide lo que se tiene que hacer. De momento, lleva una muñeca inmovilizada y ya veremos la evolución y lo que hay que hacer.

puntodebreak: ¿Me puede confirmar que Rafael se va a tratar con factores de crecimiento en la muñeca?

Toni Nadal: No te lo puedo confirmar porque no lo sé. Es un tema médico. Si lo ha dicho el médico es cierto, y si no lo ha dicho el médico, no lo sé.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Re: Nadal back on practice court.Tio Toni:"1 week before US Open we'll know if he is

That is not cast for sure! We are not fool!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Re: Nadal back on practice court.Tio Toni:"1 week before US Open we'll know if he is

That "cast", looks more like a splint that can come on and off at any time. Yet they say it won't come off for 3 weeks ?

I never know what to believe with the Nadals.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

The big question. With a cast on the right wrist is Rafa still able to pick his ass?

·
Registered
993 Posts

It is a good time to change to one handed BH.

·
Registered
488 Posts

I wonder how would Toni explain yet another miracle when Parera wins the USO.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts

So Uncle Toni doesn't have a clue what the "treatments" Dull will receive are..... Yeah right.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts

I wonder how would Toni explain yet another miracle when Parera wins the USO.
A true Spartan warrior

·
Registered
211 Posts

So Uncle Toni doesn't have a clue what the "treatments" Dull will receive are..... Yeah right.
I am all puzzled as to why Toni does not want to say a word about the treatment, pretending not to know. I can't believe that.. hiding something ? most probably..

"We we we", but does not know... or pretends not to be interested in the process and the possible progress.I can't believe that, no way.

Why did he grant the interview ? to talk rubbish ? :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts

Why did he grant the interview ? to talk rubbish ? :eek:
He just like to talk a lot to magazines and papers and be seen as the boss behind Rafael´s training sessions/matches wich he is. IDK What´s really happening maybe they just want a preparation for the US Open without the stress of preparation. We never know with these guys the lack a bit of honesty in their decissions.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts

Them growth hormones yooo... I mean growth factors... nothing illegal here... nothing to see... move along people.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts

It's all Uncle Toni. Dull isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. His work is just moonball to the BH.
+1

Dull is not clever enough to build all this strategy !

I didn't realize his RIGHT wrist was concerned...

A doubtfull injury on a non crucial wrist in order to have legal products :rolleyes: and keep practising with the other wrist.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts